Let's have a GW rumors and sneak peeks thread!

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer 40,000
Konrad
Wargod

Re: Let's have a GW rumors and sneak peeks thread!

Post by Konrad » Thu May 05, 2022 2:50 am

That checks all the boxes. Blood for the Blood God!
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu May 05, 2022 4:33 am

Looks like Chaos are getting a bunch of new, gribbly minis. The new possessed marines look better than their predecessors, the new daemon prince has been embiggened by the powers of the warp and the new cultists look like they should fit in alongside the older models easily enough. Some of the new minis look suspiciously monopose, which is a shame, but it's probably tough to make them look good and be a fully posable kit.

I'm still not sold on the Squat reboot. The new biker model isn't bad, I'm just not seeing anything that invokes my nostalgia for the old minis.

Hopefully we'll get to see the new World Eaters soon.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Thu May 05, 2022 10:35 am

Ah heck, here's the image dump:

Possessed:
I like the look of these - quite similar to the Greater Possessed from Shadowspear, which is presumably the point.

Cultists:
I like that they're matching the look from the cultists from Blackstone Fortress. Lots to like here, even if it is for a cannon fodder section of the codex - the mutants are the standouts for me, although the dudes with daemons bursting out of them are especially brutal.

And the League biker:
I, for one, am a fan - it looks to hit all the important points of Squat culture, namely practicality, durability, and tech that is reserved for the elites of the Imperium being used by just some scout. It's a neat aesthetic to boot.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Fri May 06, 2022 12:29 am

That is a lot of coolness. The cultists are great! Simple, yet characterful and will look good mixed in with the old ones. And the mutants are absolutely horrible, revolting, perfect. I have seen a lot of mutants in my day, and those are top-notch! And the Torments could come out of John Carpenter's "The Thing".
And that hover trike is pure genius! I do love me a land-speeder, and that trike is 100% Squat coolness. Dave summed it up perfectly. There is a touch of "AT-43" in the aesthetic. You think?
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Fri May 06, 2022 1:58 am

Konrad wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 12:29 am
That is a lot of coolness. The cultists are great! Simple, yet characterful and will look good mixed in with the old ones. And the mutants are absolutely horrible, revolting, perfect. I have seen a lot of mutants in my day, and those are top-notch! And the Torments could come out of John Carpenter's "The Thing".
And that hover trike is pure genius! I do love me a land-speeder, and that trike is 100% Squat coolness. Dave summed it up perfectly. There is a touch of "AT-43" in the aesthetic. You think?
I did think so! It reminds me a lot of the Karman space gorillas, through a combination of the rounded shapes and the color choice - they used a lot of that off-teal as well as pale blues:
40K lore-wise, I think the trike shares a lot of design cues with the Kastelan robots (which, like the Karmans come to think of it, have a kind of '60s pulp sci-fi vibe).
-----

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Fri May 06, 2022 10:24 am

I thought the Chaos releases look bloody brilliant. The posessed look great and the daemon prince is excellent - not to mention it actually has God specific options. One of my favorites, though, has to be the accursed cultists. It looks like some really good body horror straight out of The Thing (especially that bloke with the chest opening up into a big mouth.)

All in all I'm glad I just picked up some Chaos Marines a couple weeks ago.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Fri May 06, 2022 10:13 pm

OK, I may be glad I waited to pull the trigger on getting anything for Necromunda, because these Deep Rock Galactic-lookin' jabronis may just be enough to pull me in:
(And yes, it's confirmed that on Necromunda at least they're called Squats. :lol:)
-----

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri May 06, 2022 10:29 pm

I wouldn't need the new KT box but it looks like it's actually the best way to get that terrain, which I still want. So I'll be trying to offload a chaos half again :lol:

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:48 am

So much stuff over the weekend!

Angron, of course:

A new Kill Team set, focusing on boarding actions (Which sounds neat! I'd rather they re-released the Rogue Trader models, but what're you gonna do), with an Imperial Navy boarding team:

And some kinda Kroot:

A new WarCry set, with frog-loving swamp dudes:

And cow dudes:
(They worship the Chaos Dwarf god, so of course people are angry they're not chaos dwarves.)

An extremely doofy but also extremely in-character bike for the Goliaths for Necromunda:

Amazons for Blood Bowl:
I like these a lot.

And the next Underworlds warband, some human witch hunters:
6 guys will be lots of 2- and 3-wound fighters, but it looks like their leader at least gets buffed the more of his friends are dead.
-----

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:36 am

So many cool minis. Angron looks awesome, though I think his tactical rocks should have been a tactical skull-pile. :lol:
The new kill team box looks great. While I have zero interest in KT itself, a lot of the new minis are awesome and I'd be down for full ranges of some of them. Those navy crew for example (so tempting to paint their heads as old-school Cylons). The kroot minis are really nice, hopefully they have lots of parts on the sprues as the original kroot are in need of some new blood. It will be interesting to see how the 'build-a-hulk,' new terrain works out across the next few sets. It's a shame they didn't show more of it off.
Similarly, I'm not a Warcry fan, but those Nurgle dudes are aces. The terrain looks cool too. The Hashut models aren't bad, but WC does seem very human-centric as far as game specific warbands go. Chaos Dwarves would have been better IMHO.
The Goliath bikes continue GW's style of designing vehicles with no ground clearance. :D They do fit the Goliath aesthetic of 'too big to be practical' well though.
I'm not fussed either way on the Amazons, but the Underworlds minis are really nice, with bags of character.

So overall a big thumbs up from me.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “Warhammer 40,000 - ウォーハンマー40,000”