Let's have a GW rumors and sneak peeks thread!

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer 40,000
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Let's have a GW rumors and sneak peeks thread!

Post by The Other Dave » Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:34 am

Buncha stuff from the Nova preview this morning!

For 40K, there's lots and lots of squats, including a thikk tonk:
A mechanic dude with some floaty drones:
A psyker dude with some more floaty drones:

Plus a better look at the Berzerkers kit:

Underworlds got the new Khorne warband revealed:
Their stats look pretty grody, too - lots of wounds, lots of smash.

AoS got a good bunch of stuff, including some Very Chaos chosen:

And a new Ogre:

Oh, I almost forgot! Horus was there too:
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:52 am

I like those models but don't want those models, which is the sweet spot when the backlog looms 😅

Votann are cool though. I need someone to pick them up and make them their thing so I'm not tempted!

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:20 am

I think I like these Votann a lot more than the exosuit and warrior guys - the robots look great and the dwarf wizard looks amazing. I'm not a huge fan of the land fortress though: it just looks a little too similar to an upsized verson of the smaller ATV. Also big exposed wheels and an open glass cockpit seem pretty silly on something that's supposed to be a "fortress". Those berzerkers look perfect though. I love the exposed arms and leather gloves!

Pretty heartbroken that the Guard have been completely ignored again though. I think it's just about time I give up on that army for 9th edition; especially since the rumours for the book are looking pretty grim.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:56 am

The new Horus walking down the pile of bodies is called Horus Ascended.
Now, lets compare it to the old model.
As you can clearly see, the older figure is at the TOP of the stairs. Surely that should be Horus Ascended.
The new model would be better titled Horus Descending. :lol: :lol:
Sorry, bad joke. The new figure is a very nice model though.

The new dwarf wizard is a really nice figure. From the levitating rocks to the hooded robes, it is a fantastic piece. I just can't see anything in it that suggests that it is a 40K model in any way. If they had teased that model by itself, people would have been expecting a new Underworlds squad or something.

The new Berserkers look awesome. Hopefully they match the new Mk.VI heresy marines as I'd like to pick up a box to convert/kitbash with. I think they'll look nice in the original blue, white and blood armour.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:44 am

Clearly he climbed the staircase, which led the top of to a massive pile of skellingtons. It all makes narrative sense, I tell ya!
-----

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:45 am

I really dig those Chaos Chosen. Something about the poses and proportions gives them a much more naturalistic, less cartoony (cartoony is a word dagnabit spellcheck...) look that I like. The Underworlds Khorne guys are really original. The (priest?) with the big almost Aztec/Mayan looking headdress is not what you usually associate with a Khorne force, but I think works.
As the resident Squatmeister (okay, not so much a word) I do like a lot of what's happening with the NewSquats. I want to get one of these moon-buggies, paint it yellow with a big "TONKA" stenciled on the side. I dig the engineer looking guy with the drones. I love the floaty drone with leather apron full of tools. Just a perfect example of 40K anachronism. The rune-druid psyker or whatever not so much, but I imagine they have to put a bit of the old neo-Tolkien, "By my grandfather's beard, get me my axe!" aesthetic in there for the Gimli fans. Lots of great stuff. I'm almost getting inspired to actually paint something.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:29 pm

Have these new Underworlds Warbands been posted up yet?
All of the minis look great, but I think they'd look even better with a grungier paintjob, they all look far too clean. :D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:12 pm

Yep, those are definitely some excellent wights! The chaos dudes seem a bit generically chaos to me, although that is basically the Darkoath’s whole thing, and I do dig the angry lady and the guy with the bug mask, which is half the warband come to think of it :D.

In underworlds inside baseball talk, I also like how they’re packaging the set qua a starter set - you get the two warbands with their decks, and then the remaining universal cards are explicitly put together as two complete playable Rivals decks, so new players can just open the box and get playing with plenty of pre-constructed deck options and also enough cards to move into more deck-buildy play styles as they get into it. It looks very well designed to move a new player through rivals (use one of the four preconstructed decks in the box as-is) to “rivals plus” (mix a warband deck with one of the two universal rivals decks), with both modes having enough variety to get lots of gameplay out of it, and then finally to championship (go whole hog) pretty organically. As someone currently working to grow the game and potentially ease people into deck-building play styles up in our ichinomiya group, this really appeals.
-----

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:21 am

I too noted the universal-cards-as-Rivals-decks change with great approval.

TBH I've stopped caring much about universal cards that are *not* in Rivals decks. Deck building is fun but Rivals has been such a winner locally that I can't see much point agonising too much over Championship format picks.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:52 pm

I thought the models in today's preview looked great but I am genuinely chuffed they're bringing out a new base kit.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000 - ウォーハンマー40,000”