Let's have a GW rumors and sneak peeks thread!

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer 40,000
Konrad
Wargod

Re: Let's have a GW rumors and sneak peeks thread!

Post by Konrad » Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:03 am

Some nice stuff in there. The Navy have a touch of steam-punk going there with all that brass. I dig 'em.

Krooooot! I've never played or fielded them in any capacity, but they make great conversion bits. I like the bow-gun contraption. I need one for the Digga-chicks.

Human Hashut worshipers? Okay, not bad models, but with all the love the Squats are getting, GW really should resurrect the Chaos Dwarves. They had some really fun figures back in the day, and there are some die-hard grognards out there who would weep tears of joy.

That Goliath bike is pure Waaaaaagh! Paint him green and paint it red!

Yeah, as a connoisseur of mostly nekkid Amazon warriors, these ones are pretty meh. Shame, they really could have gone to town on them. Lots of really evocative source material to steal from. The ancient Meso-Americans even played this ritual ball game hundreds and thousands of years ago.

And you can never have too many witch hunters. Got to say, I do like the old Mordheim figs more. These need more texture and detail.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:53 pm

We've got a moon buggy for the space dorfs:
I am in lurve.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 3 infantry

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:28 pm

You can tell the squats have very advanced tech compared to the Imperium, that thing could pass over small rocks without ripping out its suspension. :lol: :lol:
As moon buggies go, it's kind of cool. I like the little gunner's pod on the side. The design looks pretty different from the other factions in the game, I think it's the first thing I've seen for the new squats which has 'wow'ed me.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:10 am

Primarch wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:28 pm
You can tell the squats have very advanced tech compared to the Imperium, that thing could pass over small rocks without ripping out its suspension. :lol: :lol:
As moon buggies go, it's kind of cool. I like the little gunner's pod on the side. The design looks pretty different from the other factions in the game, I think it's the first thing I've seen for the new squats which has 'wow'ed me.
It's adorable!
"That's one small step for Man, and two slightly smaller ones for Squat-kind."
Also the new Squat troop carrier was revealed recently.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:19 pm

WarCom just posted the first shot of the upcoming World Eater kit for 40K.
I like it. It's quite simple in terms of trim/details, which should make it easy to paint. I would have preferred it with Mk.VI or earlier legs, but I'll still pick up a kit to use the bitz for 30K. :lol:
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:10 am

I like him! Looking forward to seeing the rest of the options in the box.

Mostly excited for their Codex though, with Tallgeese and Job fighting the good^^^^angry fight with their own rules they deserve a shot in the arm and I'm looking forward to some tough fights.

(I just need to avoid listening to any novels with a significant Kharn presence to avoid picking them up myself)

Nice to see a lot more 30k plastics rolling out too, hopefully we get them on time or at least soon here in Japan. Relic Terminators are pretty good in 40k so why not field 30 of them :lol: I "need" one more Contemptor and kind of want a Leviathan out of sheer dread addiction too.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:04 am

I like it a lot - I'm not sure if I'd say "understated," but it does an excellent job of fitting the post-Shadowspear CSM aesthetic while still obviously being a Khorne Berzerker and only a Khorne Berzerker.

They also teased a member of the fourth Nethermaze warband for Underworlds, Dadbod McFlamehammer:
I'm, er, going to wait to pass judgement until I see the rest of the warband. :lol:
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 3 infantry

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:54 pm

Wow, love the McFlammer. I want 10 so I can use it in Necromunda, Warcry, chess sets...
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:37 pm

I actually really like the dadbod. I'm fed up with every barbarian model being ripped like Dwayne Johnson. Like, If you were a barbarian warleader, you're damn right you'd be eatin' all the pies. 'snot like anybody's going to try stopping you...
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:14 am

Dadbod McFlamehammer. I don't care what the model's actual name is on the package. It can't be anything but Dadbod McFlamehammer.
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Return to “Warhammer 40,000 - ウォーハンマー40,000”