November 2021 Balance FAQ & Ongoing Quarterly Balance Changes

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer 40,000
Jye Nicolson
Legend

November 2021 Balance FAQ & Ongoing Quarterly Balance Changes

Post by Jye Nicolson » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:28 am

https://www.warhammer-community.com/202 ... es-update/

Big competitive FAQ today, and possibly even bigger news that there is now a quarterly cadence for balance patches!

The nerfs look important but not impactful for our group - nobody has been playing AdMech, I don't play my Drukhari too often or too skewed, and the Orks players haven't been leaning in to the tournament winning stuff. Nobody really uses a lot of Aircraft, and the only games I've ever played where the new limitations (1 model max in Incursion, 2 in Strike Force) would have mattered were narrative games online against @Dekana where it wouldn't have applied.

That mostly means the buffs matter to us - tons of Core handed out to Necrons, and buffs to Leman Russ chassis and orders for Guard.

If this kind of pattern holds it could be really helpful for us - nerfs that only really hit skew lists we don't play, and buffs to weaker units/factions that can help out our more fun/fluffy lists, on a quarterly schedule sounds great.

Mattb
Veteran

Re: November 2021 Balance FAQ & Ongoing Quarterly Balance Changes

Post by Mattb » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:10 am

Yeah, I think quarterly balance updates are a great idea for the game. The Ork nerfs don't really effect me since I didn't spam anything (I wasn't planning on using more than one unit of each buggy, anyway).

The Guard buffs are nice as well - the 2+sv is quite good and the order buffs are not that bad either. It's not going to make Guard good, but it's definitely better than nothing. It'll be interesting to see if this actually makes normal Russes worth it.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:45 pm

Also while it's tea leaf reading, the conspicuous lack of buffs to Craftworlds here or in the campaign books feels like a sign they might be not too far behind Tau for a Codex in 2022. The big leak did promise a reasonably substantial refresh so fingers crossed.

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:42 pm

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:45 pm
Also while it's tea leaf reading, the conspicuous lack of buffs to Craftworlds here or in the campaign books feels like a sign they might be not too far behind Tau for a Codex in 2022. The big leak did promise a reasonably substantial refresh so fingers crossed.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. If I were to hazard a guess, I think the first releases of 2022 will be Tau->Chaos Marines->Eldar. Just because I doubt they'll do two xenos books in a row.

After that it'll have to be Imperial, so maybe Knights (or another Marine supplement :roll: ).

Return to “Warhammer 40,000 - ウォーハンマー40,000”