Malifaux General Chat

Discussions of all things Malifaux here.
Grantholomeu
Veteran

Re: Malifaux General Chat

Post by Grantholomeu » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:48 pm

Putting together the "Here Lies..." box with Moorwraiths and the Grave Goo earlier today...

If they're going to assign them to 30mm bases and a 40mm base respectively, WHY WOULDN'T THEY MAKE SURE THEY FIT ON THOSE BASES? :x

I had to clipper off the bottom bits of all the actual slime models so they fit on their bases.

P.S. I cannot for the life of me figure out how the 3rd Moorwraith goes together, so I might just always run 1 or 2... It might have had a specific order it had to go together in, but as you probably know, the online instructions never provide an order, and I've already glued beyond the point of no return.
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:38 pm

@Grantholomeu - You seem to be getting all of the worst builds from Wyrd. I've had a few tricky ones before, but nothing as bad as your explorers.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:28 am

I think they're going for new and innovative builds with the Explorers, which is cool, but the execution isn't there for all of them...
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:37 pm

So there I was, minding my own business and quite happy with my Neverborn"s performance on the battlefield. I promised myself no more purchases now that I had 2 Neverborn masters and my big gun master from the Explorer's, at least until I had one of the crews fully painted. Then I get a package from some gaming friends back in the great white north... They sent me the Otherside Starter.

The box is bad shape being partially smashed (not sure if that happened before or after it was shipped) but he minis are undamaged. While I have no interested in playing the Otherside, I really like the sculpts for the Urami so I have one new master and one partial crew for another. I don't think I can play either without buying so more boxes. Sonia"s crew doesn't even come with a Totem. Actually I am not that interested in the Guild at this time. maybe I will do a little research.

I would add pictures but I am having real trouble with Igmur
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:31 pm

Balloonacorn wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:37 pm
Sonia"s crew doesn't even come with a Totem.
The Other Side doesn't use Totems I believe. Both of the masters in the box are intended to be like the Malifaux Burns masters, alternative models and cards, but not a full crew box.
The Urami crew looks cool, I really like their Japanese Ghost theme. I'm not a huge fan of Sonia, but the other Guild models in that set look pretty useful.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:29 pm

Nice friends!
Agreed, Urami looks like a lot of fun. Cool aesthetic and interesting abilities to play with.

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:08 pm

Grantholomeu wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:29 pm
Nice friends!
Agreed, Urami looks like a lot of fun. Cool aesthetic and interesting abilities to play with.
Yes, good friends who share a love of tabletop combat are hard to find.

I got a chance to go through the box, and there was no 50mm base for Ikiryo...

Looking at the crew as a whole, through the other boxes, I like most of the sculpts but the Lost Love doesn't really seem to share the aesthetic of the rest. I wish he were a little more wispy.
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:31 pm

They really have to do something about the bases, because they're pretty important gameplay-wise.

I got one too many 40mm bases and one too few 30mm bases in my Nexus core box, so one of the Eyes and Ears is on the 40mm and I just use him last on the occasion I need a 5th Eyes and Ears on the board.

And as far as I could find there isn't a good place to buy Malifaux bases alone.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:53 pm

My Malifaux pile of shame.
+ about half a dozen models still on sprues. :oops: :oops: :oops:

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:46 pm

Primarch wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:53 pm
My Malifaux pile of shame.
+ about half a dozen models still on sprues. :oops: :oops: :oops:
That's about half an afternoon's work for you, surely? With time for tea and scones, too, no? :lol:

(I'm only laughing cos I wish I could paint half that fast :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: )
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Return to “Malifaux”