Malifaux General Chat

Discussions of all things Malifaux here.
The Underdweller
Legend

Re: Malifaux General Chat

Post by The Underdweller » Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:31 am

I*ll bring Ressurs/Redchapel for both games.

Those Death Marshals do look cool, but I am never happy to see undead hunters on the table.

30 Soulstones, for sure.

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:19 pm

Bringing the Dreamer @ 30ss
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:42 am

On a side note re. me looking for Kitty (see other thread) - would anybody be interested in the mounted Leveticus half of the Bargains Made box? The box has Levi (on a horse), Lynch, and a Soul Battery. If I got the box, would anybody want to buy Levi for a reasonable amount?
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:28 am

me_in_japan wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:42 am
On a side note re. me looking for Kitty (see other thread) - would anybody be interested in the mounted Leveticus half of the Bargains Made box? The box has Levi (on a horse), Lynch, and a Soul Battery. If I got the box, would anybody want to buy Levi for a reasonable amount?
I'd be interested.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:51 pm

Wyrd just previewed the new Witness Keyword crew.
You can find all the information here:
https://www.wyrd-games.net/news/2022/7/ ... n-con-2022
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:35 am

Wow, great new models. I love the Iconic ones, don't know about the new keyword, I am sure it will be powerful.
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:12 pm

The new minis are nice, to be sure, but they dont tickle my fancy like some mali stuff does. That con exclusive fire dancer lady is exactly what I need for my showgirls, though. No chance I'll be able to get one, though, as obvs I wont be at the con, and Wyrd shipping costs are sky high, last I checked. Maybe ebay, I guess?
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:03 am

Quick rules post, spurred on by realizing The Archivist can be really rude to summoners.

@Balloonacorn I think we were playing it slightly wrong when you summon off of The Dreamer, because Step A, the first step, of Duels is "Modify the Duel," which includes spending a soulstone if you can and want to, to add a +flip or suit of your choice to the duel total. So if you're planning on soulstoning for the Mask you need for summoning, you do that before you know if the top card you are going to flip is a big Mask card or not.

I will reveal the Archivist strat because it is quite rude, and dirty tricks feel bad. If a summoning model gets a parasite, the Archivist can use Font of Knowledge on that model, since it's seen as friendly. They still get to resist, but if they fail, the Archivist gets to choose a suit in its Font of Knowledge duel total and change the suit in any of the targeted model's duels to that, until the End Phase. So as long as the Archivist wins and doesn't have a Mask trigger, he can auto-deny summoning by turning off the needed suit.
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:18 pm

Grantholomeu wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:03 am
Quick rules post, spurred on by realizing The Archivist can be really rude to summoners.

@Balloonacorn I think we were playing it slightly wrong when you summon off of The Dreamer, because Step A, the first step, of Duels is "Modify the Duel," which includes spending a soulstone if you can and want to, to add a +flip or suit of your choice to the duel total. So if you're planning on soulstoning for the Mask you need for summoning, you do that before you know if the top card you are going to flip is a big Mask card or not.

I will reveal the Archivist strat because it is quite rude, and dirty tricks feel bad. If a summoning model gets a parasite, the Archivist can use Font of Knowledge on that model, since it's seen as friendly. They still get to resist, but if they fail, the Archivist gets to choose a suit in its Font of Knowledge duel total and change the suit in any of the targeted model's duels to that, until the End Phase. So as long as the Archivist wins and doesn't have a Mask trigger, he can auto-deny summoning by turning off the needed suit.
Very nasty indeed, but you must get a parasite on him first, which I will make difficult.

Thanks for the soulstone clarification. It makes sense.

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:59 am

@The Underdweller

Thanks for the good game as always!
I realized something big that's bad for Seamus though. His fast action, Cause for Celebration, lets him take an action no matter what, but only lets him ignore special requirements in italics by removing "target Corpse Marker on the enemy table half." For next time ;)
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Return to “Malifaux”