Crusade Campaign: The Juvenal Conspiracy

Information for campaigns players wish to run for any game system can be found here.
Jye Nicolson
Legend

Crusade Campaign: The Juvenal Conspiracy

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:03 am

The Juvenal Conspiracy

"Now, now, my good and eminently reasonable friend, why don't we lower the bolter and have a civilised chat? No one has ever found killing me particularly helpful, and I promise you'll find my proposal exceptionally lucrative." - Captain Juvenal of the First Legion to yet another very angry warband leader

Active theatres of war attract Chaos warbands like flies to honey - all too literally in the case of the followers of Nurgle. Even in the case of major incursions by heretic warlords, other unaffiliated warbands will abound, raiding opportunistically even if this brings them into conflict with the greater Chaos force.

This makes them the favored tool of the charismatic and infuriating Fallen Captain Juvenal; any patterns or synergy in the seemingly random depredations of a dozen feuding heretic raiding crews will not be detected until years after the fact, if at all. The negotiations to construct his subtle and devilish schemes can be...delicate...and Juvenal can expect to be shot at, hurled out airlocks and immersed in daemonic acid in the course of any given day. But he reappears in warzone after warzone, well-kempt and with satisfied smile intact, so whatever drawbacks there are to his means, one can only assume his ends are met.

Lazarus of the "Emperor's Scythes", associating with Inquisitor Tara, has so far identified only one such warband of Fallen pawns active in this sector, the loathsome denizens of the plague hulk Inimitable Generosity. A mixed host of Nurglespawn attending the grotesque greater demon Sevenfold Munificence and their loosely obedient Ferryman allies following the sorcerer Epicurean of Virtuous Maladies, this warband only amplifies the threat of epidemic posed by the powerful Dusk Raiders already afflicting the theatre. However since Juvenal is careful never to take the field alongside the denizens of the Generosity, Lazarus has judged them irrelevant to the task of capturing the Fallen Captain, and has not deigned to alert Inquisitor Tara nor the Daughters of Russ as to the threat they pose.

Starting a Chaos Crusade to host the bounteous collection of (highly familiar to many of you) Nurgle figures I'll soon be picking up!

Source of truth for this Crusade is the following spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: Crusade Campaign: The Juvenal Conspiracy

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:14 am

Order of Battle - 50/50PL

Inimitable Generosity - Demons

Sevenfold Munificence Exalted Great Unclean One, PL 14, Crusade Points 5
Auspicious Nurglings Nurglings, PL 3
Felicitous Nurglings Nurglings, PL 3
Jovial Plaguebearers Plaguebearers, PL 5

Inimitable Generosity - Death Guard

Epicurean of Virtuous Maladies, Malignant Plaguecaster PL 5, Crusade Points 2
The Jolly Gardeners, Plague Marines, PL 6
Cheerful Greeter, Foetid Bloat-drone, PL 7, Crusade Points 1
Sybaritic Celebrant, Foetid Bloat-drone, PL 7

The Juvenal Conspiracy

Faction: Chaos

Battles Fought/Won: 4/3

Requisiton Points: 5

Investigation Points: 0

Supply Limit: 50

Supply Used: 50

Crusade Goal: Advance the mysterious ends of the Fallen

Times Sloppity Bilepiper has allowed a Great Unclean One to advance and charge: 0

Battles lost using detachments from two or more different Chaos factions: 1
Last edited by Jye Nicolson on Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:20 am

Crusade Cards - Inimitable Generosity - Demons

HQ

Sevenfold Munificence, PL 14, Crusade Points 5
Unit Type: Great Unclean One
Equipment: Plague Flail and Bile Sword
Warlord Trait: Acidic Ichor
Relics: Effluvior
Psychic Powers: Miasma of Pestilence, Virulent Blessing
Upgrades: Exalted Greater Demon

Battles: 3
Units destroyed (Total/Melee/Ranged/Psychic): 5/5/0/0

XP: 15
Battle Honours: Unstoppable, Frenzon Injector
Battle Scars:

Troops

Auspicious Nurglings, PL 3

Unit Type: Nurglings

Units destroyed (Total/Melee/Ranged): 0/0/0

XP: 2
Battle Honours:
Battle Scars:

Felicitous Nurglings, PL 3

Unit Type: Nurglings

Units destroyed (Total/Melee/Ranged): 0/0/0

XP: 3
Battle Honours:
Battle Scars:

Jovial Plaguebearers, PL 5

Unit Type: Plaguebearers
Equipment: Instrument of Chaos, Daemonic Icon

Units destroyed (Total/Melee/Ranged): 1/0/1

XP: 3
Battle Honours:
Battle Scars:
Last edited by Jye Nicolson on Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:26 am

Crusade Cards - Inimitable Generosity - Death Guard

Virulence points: 5

Plague: Bleeding Pitted Buboes

All models have the Ferrymen Plague Company keyword unless otherwise noted

HQ

Epicurean of Virtuous Maladies, PL 5, Crusade Points 2
Unit Type: Malignant Plaguecaster
Equipment: Corrupted Staff, Bolt Pistol
Warlord Trait: The Droning
Relics: Putrid Periapt
Psychic Powers: Miasma of Pestilence, Gift of Plagues, Putrescent Vitality

Battles: 2
Units destroyed (Total/Melee/Ranged/Psychic): 1/0/0/1

XP: 5
Battle Honours:
Battle Scars:

Troops

Jolly Gardeners, PL 6

Unit Type: Plague Marines
Equipment: Blight Launcher, Plague Spewer, Flail of Corruption, Melta Gun; Champion: Daemonic Plague Blade

Units destroyed (Total/Melee/Ranged): 2/0/2

XP: 5
Battle Honours:
Battle Scars:

Fast Attack

Cheerful Greeter, PL 7
Crusade Points: 1

Unit Type: Foetid Bloat-drone
Equipment: 2 plaguespitters

Units destroyed (Total/Melee/Ranged): 2/0/2

XP: 7
Battle Honours: Effusion Sacks
Battle Scars:

Sybaritic Celebrant, PL 7

Unit Type: Foetid Bloat-drone
Equipment: 2 plaguespitters

Units destroyed (Total/Melee/Ranged): 1/0/1

XP: 2
Battle Honours:
Battle Scars:

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:45 pm

Journal of Captain Juvenal of the First Legion, encyphered and scribed in a long forgotten tongue

- The Great Unclean One still finds me amusing, blunting the plainly stated desire of its XIVth Legion allies to murder me.

- I was obliged to trade it the warp stimulant device recovered from the Imperishable Night, which feels like a few decades' effort gone to waste; however I am confident we can find some use for an overstimulated daemon that weighs more than three tanks strapped together.

- Efforts to sabotage the Dusk Raiders' demon engines proved helpful, preserving "my" daemonic forces to act as a block upon the World Eaters and Orks.

- The Nurgle forces are not well calibrated versus Imperial combined arms; I've been careful to keep them out of the way of the Daughters of Russ and their gun-obsessed allies but they were caught between IXth Legion successors and the Ashwalkers. May be obliged to provoke more Imperial infighting to prevent collapse of the theatre.

- Managed to recover several fragments of the 3rd Sonata while everyone was busy slaughtering each other, great success!

- Sent bouquet of flowers and card to Lazarus, care of his "Emperor's Scythes" friends. Not sure he knows what flowers are but I'm reasonably sure he can read.

Return to “Campaigns”