Kill Team Spec Ops Campaign: Dusk Raiders Incursion Force

Information for campaigns players wish to run for any game system can be found here.
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Kill Team Spec Ops Campaign: Dusk Raiders Incursion Force

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:38 am

Kill Team Name: Dusk Raiders Incursion Force
Faction Keyword: Death Guard
Selectable Keyword: The Wretched
Base of Operations: Disused Pumping Station

Requisition Points: 1, Assets Capacity: 2
Stash: 2x Virulent Rounds, Filth Censer, Plague Bell, Blight Grenades
Strategic Assets: Tactical Uplink, Medbay

Spec Ops Log
Current Spec Op: Secure District
Operation 1: Drive them Back: 2/5

Roster
Plague Marine Champion Vorlux the Pestilent (Bolt Pistol, Power Fist)
Plague Marine Icon Bearer Grulgus
Plague Marine Gunner Malignus (Plasma Gun)
Plague Marine Heavy Gunner Pustus the Curdled (Plague Spewer)
Plague Marine Warrior Mulgh
8 Nameless Poxwalkers
Last edited by The Other Dave on Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:31 am, edited 5 times in total.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 3 infantry

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Kill Team Spec Ops Campaign: Dusk Raiders Incursion Force

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:41 am

For those curious since I'm jumping the gun, I got the bulk of the relevant rules by watching Ash from GMG page through the main rulebook, and all the kill team building rules and my unit stats from Can You Roll a Crit.

The relevant rules are that you start with one complete kill team, a base with no assets and no gear in your stash, and 4 requisition points, and you can use RP to do a bunch of stuff, but the important ones for starting out are: 1 RP for 5 points of gear in your stash, 1 RP for an operative, and 1 RP for a strategic asset for your base. (I spent - edit cause I’m indecisive - 1RP on 5 points of gear, 1 on a tactical uplink asset for my base, and 2 for 2 more operatives for a bit of choice in initial listbuilding because I’m not sure if the extra bodies and activations in the poxwalkers are really worth them potentially stealing xp from models who can actually earn it.)
-----

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:10 am

Encrypted report to The Embittered Glaive, transmitted by Vorlux ("the Pestilent"), timestamp 210.819

Successful insertion into warzone, establishment of base of operations in Pumping Station X-IV.6 lambda. Minimal resistance killed and/or infected with Walker Pox, mimetic scrapcode successfully deployed to pumping station's cognitor links; wider system will believe all is functioning normally.

First operation is to secure and fortify our position. Will commence immediately upon scouting of local opposition forces and establishment of engagement protocols.

Vorlux out
-----

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:46 am

Encrypted report to The Embittered Glaive, timestamp 210.911

The warzone has proved more hotly contested than we anticipated; fighting is fierce, and our establishment of a beachhead has proved a challenge. Fortunately we five have remained blessed and sustained no serious injuries - although a blow to the head has left my own vision impaired, it will surely pass - and I prefer to dispatch my foes with the power fist at any rate. The only real losses have been Walkers, who are replenished easily enough. Truth be told, on the battlefield, they have done little but slow the advance of the Xenos who are rather inexplicably here, although they did pull some of the Aeldari number down through force of numbers. I expect we may leave them to sow chaos in civilian zones on their own recognizance, and leave the fighting to ourselves when our numbers allow.

We shall not fail, however. The alternative is... unthinkable.

Vorlux out

[I had a bit of trouble with my Spec Op in my first few outings, as one of the two Tac Ops I need to fulfill to get it needs objectives on the table, and we rolled a few missions today (from Octarius) that don't have objectives on the table! I did quickly learn that the game is brutal enough that a Medbay is a good investment, so I spent an RP on that.]
-----

Return to “Campaigns”