Crusade Campaign: Sable Lions

Information for campaigns players wish to run for any game system can be found here.
Balloonacorn
Veteran

Crusade Campaign: Sable Lions

Post by Balloonacorn » Sat May 21, 2022 2:49 pm

It was largely believed that the Sable Lions chapter were all lost in the Eye of Terror during their pursuit of the base betrayer Cypher (580.M31 - 632.M32.) Unknown to the Imperium a Sable Deathwing was locked in battle aboard a Spacehulk. For millennia they fought the other residents of the hulk and now, victorious, they have made there way back to normal space to continue their search for Cypher. Whereever that may take them...
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Re: Crusade Campaign: Sable Lions

Post by Balloonacorn » Sat May 21, 2022 2:53 pm

Sable Lions Order of Battle

Crusade Faction: Imperium – Dark Angels – Deathwing

Battles / Battles Won: 4 / 1
Requisition Points: 2
Supply Limit / Supply Used: 60 / 59

Unforgiven Points: 4

Notable victories:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Name: Jacob Ork-Killer PL 6 Crusade Points – 3
Unit Type: Librarian
Battlefield Role: HQ
Equipment: Terminator Armour, Force Sword, Combi-Flamer,
Warlord Trait: Decisive Tactician
Relics: Tomb of Malcador

Psychic Powers: Mind Worm, Aversion, Mind Wipe, Smite

Battles: 4
Battle Honours: Psychic Might
Battle Scars: 0
Units Destroyed (Total/Melee/Ranged/Psyk): 1/0/0/1

XP: 5

Unit Name: Sabriel Nazata PL 6 Crusade Points – 3
Unit Type: Interrogator Chaplain
Battlefield Role: HQ
Equipment: Crozius Arcanum, Jump Pack, Frag & Krak
Warlord Trait: Imperium’s Sword
Relics: Teeth of Terra

Litany of hate, Mantra of Strength

Battle Honours: Deadly Charge
Units Destroyed (Total/Melee/Ranged): 0/0/0

XP: 6 MFGx1

Unit Name: Drop & Rip Squad / Banshee’s Bane PL 18 Crusade Points – 2
Unit Type: Deathwing Terminator Squad
Battlefield Role: Elite
Equipment: Lightning Claws, Heavy Flamer

Battle Honours: Shredder on Sgt Claw, Fleet of Foot
Units Destroyed (Total/Melee/Ranged): 5/5/0 *killed 2 Death Jesters in one battle

XP: 16 MFGx1

Unit Name: Back-Stop Squad PL 18 Crusade Points – 4
Equipment: Storm Bolter, Power Fist, Sgt – Power Sword, Cyclone Missile Launcher

Battle Honours: Veteran Warrior, Bladesman’s Honour
Units Destroyed (Total/Melee/Ranged): 6/4/2 *Killed Nightlord Daemon Prince

XP: 18 MFGx1

Unit Name: Can-Cracker Squad PL 9 Crusade Points – 1
Equipment: Thunder Hammers, Storm Shields, Cyclone Missile Launcher

Battles: 2
Battle Honours: Fleet of Foot
Units Destroyed (Total/Melee/Ranged): 2/2/0 *Killed Night Lord Lord

XP: 7

Unit Name: Seraphith the Eternal PL 11 Crusade Points – 1
Unit Type: Redemptor Dread
Equipment: Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Storm Bolter, Redemptor Fist, Icaris Rocket Pod

Battles: 2
Battle Honours: Enhanced Engines
Units Destroyed (Total/Melee/Ranged): 3/2/1 *Killed Nurgle Chaos Lord

XP: 13 MFGx1

Updated August 3, 2022
Last edited by Balloonacorn on Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Tue May 24, 2022 1:51 pm

The challenge for me was to get back into crusade with a small but competitive force and would be fun enough to play casually and yet nasty enough to mess with a few minds. I came across an article about the all Deathwing army. I loved the original Space hulk so this seemed like perfect army for crusade. It will only be 18 models and will leave enough room in my bag for Malifaux, Kill Team and maybe some Necromunda.

I challenged myself to not buy and new models and only use paints I had on-hand. Luckily I had bought a couple of Space Marine Hero Terminator boxes on the cheap (love the Tajimi shop for big discounts.) It took a week to research and get a list together and then two nights to put together and convert the terminators. Hopefully I can get home from work before sunset sometime this week so I can prime them.

Are they competitive? Not sure. Are they going to be fun... oh yes!

Wish me luck.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Wed May 25, 2022 3:09 am

Awesome! Deathwing are cool and tough as nails, excited to see them in action.

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:15 am

First outing was a good one for the boys in sable:

Game 1 - Had a 3 way dance with nids and clown elves. The pressure was on early as the clowns targeted my Dreadnought and the nids thought their shooty warriors could take the objective I wanted. The Lions have staying power but had trouble finishing off units and that came back to haunt them The Lions were competitive but not dominating.

Game 2 - I was lucky enough to catch the Night Lords before the new codex release and tabled them. The Daemon Prince went down early and the dread dominated the mid field. Even-so, I made some silly mistakes and overextended my characters. I don't think the Nightlords are going to go down so easy next time.

Lost both characters in both games. I need to rethink their battlefield roles and positioning.

Maybe I should add a Deathwing Apothecary to give the big units extra staying power?

Thank you for the games.

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:03 am

I am pondering the next step for the Lions. If and when they go to 75PL are there any restrictions that prevent taking a Leviathan in Crusade?

In addition, There is a warlord trait giving a character -1D. Would this stack with the Dark Angel Ancient banner relic also giving -1D?

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:24 am

Balloonacorn wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:03 am
I am pondering the next step for the Lions. If and when they go to 75PL are there any restrictions that prevent taking a Leviathan in Crusade?
Nope! Anything with legal 40k rules is fair game. Even Legends stuff I guess as long as your opponent agrees.
In addition, There is a warlord trait giving a character -1D. Would this stack with the Dark Angel Ancient banner relic also giving -1D?
Only if you somehow got the Warlord Trait onto a Core unit, as the banners target Core specifically.

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:36 am

@Jye Thank you

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:26 am

Spent 1RP to Refresh Recruits to Back Stop Squad. Adjusted Crusade Points accordingly.

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:57 pm

It was a 'glass half full' day for the Sabley inclined.

First Game - Tabled by the Space Elves...

Second Game - Permanent Trans-Human helped me stand toe to toe with the Death Guard and Elves. I need to find a way to be more killy to combine with their durability. Too many last-man-standing units were left on the table for others to finish off.

Thanks to some carefully placed 'Marked for Greatness' points, some nice enhancements were received.

Return to “Campaigns”