Empire this weekend?

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer Fantasy/Age of Sigmar
Colonel Voss

Re: Empire this weekend?

Post by Colonel Voss » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:41 am

they've had for a long time. also with these upgrades, empire knights are more dominant I think so Bret is going to undergo a serious revision I think.
It's easy to die in the swamp. What's hard is to staying dead.
-Alten Ashley

Iron within, Iron without

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:13 am

I knew they had peg knights, but didn't know they were plastic. Ah well, we live and learn. 'snot like I play fantasy anyhoo :)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

asch
Veteran

Post by asch » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:07 pm

As a Empire player, I've just gotten the Armybook from Ikeda-san and skimmed through it.
As MtP pointed out, nerfs for warmachines are striking but with good reasons. Especially Mortors suck. I feel lucky that I had no time to add Mortors to my army to exploit the 8th Ed. stone thrower rules.
What I like the most of the new book is that it beefs up state troops. I've always love to see colorful rank-and-file state troops standing tall.
I suppose the best and brightest of the 8th Ed. Empire is Kurl Franz on Deathcraw. Today we'd better play it big :lol: (GW always encourage us to play it bigger and bigger 8-) )Perhaps 3000 points games would be the merriest.

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:09 pm

Whatever helps sell models.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Colonel Voss

Post by Colonel Voss » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:50 pm

asch wrote:As a Empire player, I've just gotten the Armybook from Ikeda-san and skimmed through it.
As MtP pointed out, nerfs for warmachines are striking but with good reasons. Especially Mortors suck. I feel lucky that I had no time to add Mortors to my army to exploit the 8th Ed. stone thrower rules.
What I like the most of the new book is that it beefs up state troops. I've always love to see colorful rank-and-file state troops standing tall.
I suppose the best and brightest of the 8th Ed. Empire is Kurl Franz on Deathcraw. Today we'd better play it big :lol: (GW always encourage us to play it bigger and bigger 8-) )Perhaps 3000 points games would be the merriest.
Too bad the Empire's state troops look like their inbred or something. I miss the old metal models of 4th ed for the state troops
It's easy to die in the swamp. What's hard is to staying dead.
-Alten Ashley

Iron within, Iron without

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:48 am

Impressions from a game against the Empire:
• Overall they seem very balanced. While nothing seemed uber-powerful, they had lots of strengths in different categories, kind of the way the army is intended to be played. Heavy Calvary were very potent against dwarf war machines and unranked up missile troops. The regiments have neat rules allowing them to coordinate between their detachments. Asch also showed me a lot of neat new units and characters. (Beware the witch-hunter!)
• Balance was good, but definitely there will be some adjustment for any sort of cheese-list. The gun line took a nerf, but they also gained new devices, so I speculate there will be new tactics devised by the Empire players.
• Oh, and Asch has a very cool looking Empire army. :)
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Return to “Warhammer Fantasy - ウォーハンマー”