Are you for fantasy?

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer Fantasy/Age of Sigmar
jus

Re: Are you for fantasy?

Post by jus » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:25 am

[quote="Primarch"]There will always be someone willing to play (Probably Jus :lol: ).

Well, as the member on this forum, that plays fantasy battle almost exclusively, it's needless to say, Fantasy battle is my sun and stars. :lol: (game of thrones reference)

This year has been a busy year for most, what with all the babies, moving houses, new jobs, and new job oppurtunities, 40k tournies there hasnt been time for fantasy battle. Maybe with summer vacation coming on, it's time for a good war.

Ah the Regiments... It's all about the regiments. And the banners...and the zombies..and the braaains .

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:36 am

Mike the Pike wrote:IMHO one thing that stops it being played more than other games is that it is slower to play, even at 2K points. There are generally a lot of models to put down and movement and maneuver are much more important than certain other games. So, at Joshin you really have to hustle to get two good games in.
I always have a chuckle when I see posts like "lets play a 3000 point team game in the morning and something else in the afternoon."

@Koji, - every response except for mine was 'I love fantasy,' why would you want to get rid of your army?

@All - If anyone does get bored of all this square based nonsense I'll be hanging out with the oher cool kids like Konrad and Underdweller who know how to have fun and play 40K. :lol:
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:00 am

Fb is fun not as fun as 40k but stilll very fun indeed. Ant the Ogaki event on the 30th feel free to bring some FB...
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Colonel Voss

Post by Colonel Voss » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:05 am

Tenorikuma wrote:@Koji: I don't think you should unload your Wood Elves on me just yet. :) Now, if you have anything unpainted that you don't plan to use, I might buy or trade for it.

@Voss: I still have all the Skaven from the Fantasy starter box if they will help bolster your army.
Yep, always need more rats. It'll get me to 2000 pnts as long as I bring a big lord. We were going to trade for the stunties right?
It's easy to die in the swamp. What's hard is to staying dead.
-Alten Ashley

Iron within, Iron without

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:45 am

Primarch wrote:

@Koji, - every response except for mine was 'I love fantasy,' why would you want to get rid of your army?

@All - If anyone does get bored of all this square based nonsense I'll be hanging out with the oher cool kids like Konrad and Underdweller who know how to have fun and play 40K. :lol:
To the first :)

Well, it's all about storage, painting and then getting the use out of something that you spend hours working on. It's like having a nice car waiting to be put together in the garage and then only drive it five or six times a year.

My idea was that by offering me Woodsies to Tenorikuma, I will have lightened my storage, will not be looking at all my unpainted Wood Elves and feeling sad when I get home late after work, give him the chance to build awesome lists without paying GW prices, help out a fellow gamer, and I will be left with only one car in the garage that at least is already put together and will get some mileage throughout the year at a few Joshins and an event or two.

Still, I'll keep thinking about it! :) Unless, of course, Tenorikuma doesn't want my lofty cliff dwelling kindbands to mix with his! ;)

To the second, I say :D :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB5YkmjalDg - Oh yeah! :D

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:32 pm

Yeah, 40K is where it's at, Daddy-O 8-)

I actually have nothing against Fantasy, it looks really pretty and, from my point of view, seems to have been more popular than 40K for the last year or so.

The main reasons I haven't gotten into it are kind of the same as why you were thinking of getting rid of Wood Elves, Koji - I already have lots of things to assemble/paint for 40K and other games I play, and as I generally get out to play Wargames around once or twice a month, I haven't got bored of playing with what I do have.

I figure if I get into anything else, I'd prefer small skirmishy games that are easy to get into (I have got both Bloodbowl and Cutlass crews over the last year) I guess if 6th edition 40K is so bad that everyone stops playing it, then I will consider getting a Fantasy army!

Tenorikuma
Champion

Post by Tenorikuma » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:11 pm

@Ashmie: I just remembered, what happened with that pal of yours from Jolly Old England who was moving back here and plays Fantasy? He stopped by Joshin that one time you and I were playing.

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:31 pm

kojibear wrote:
Primarch wrote:

To the first :)

Well, it's all about storage, painting and then getting the use out of something that you spend hours working on. It's like having a nice car waiting to be put together in the garage and then only drive it five or six times a year.

My idea was that by offering me Woodsies to Tenorikuma, I will have lightened my storage, will not be looking at all my unpainted Wood Elves and feeling sad when I get home late after work, give him the chance to build awesome lists without paying GW prices, help out a fellow gamer, and I will be left with only one car in the garage that at least is already put together and will get some mileage throughout the year at a few Joshins and an event or two.

Still, I'll keep thinking about it! :) Unless, of course, Tenorikuma doesn't want my lofty cliff dwelling kindbands to mix with his! ;)

To the second, I say :D :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB5YkmjalDg - Oh yeah! :D
You know the same thought has crossed my mind with the excess dwarves I have. I'm pinched for space, and I also think it is healthy for my hobby and home to divorce myself from what I don't need or will not get around to painting. So, recently, with BP dominating my time, drooling over new FOW stuff, and 6th Ed. 40k around the corner, I'm looking at my dwarves as the army I need to cut down on.

So, I think what you are thinking about doing isn't a bad idea at all, but maybe you'll want to hang on to those things you've already painted and invested lots of time working on? It would be sad if Argyle and Talia did not finish their adventure, or Lord Balin lose his nemisis.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:41 pm

job wrote:So, recently, with BP dominating my time, drooling over new FOW stuff, and 6th Ed. 40k around the corner, I'm looking at my dwarves as the army I need to cut down on.

So, I think what you are thinking about doing isn't a bad idea at all, but maybe you'll want to hang on to those things you've already painted and invested lots of time working on? It would be sad if Argyle and Talia did not finish their adventure, or Lord Balin lose his nemisis.
Might be Talia stays with me for nostalgic reasons, can't break up a team like Argyle and Talia. I should let you borrow her for your games and you can just give her dwarf stats ;) The new Gotrix and Felix!

Yep, lots of great games at the moment, BP, FoW - both look pretty cool and have a growing following.

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:15 pm

Tenorikuma wrote:@Ashmie: I just remembered, what happened with that pal of yours from Jolly Old England who was moving back here and plays Fantasy? He stopped by Joshin that one time you and I were playing.
That'd be me..I came back to Japan about 4 months ago, now I'm settled in Nagoya and would like to get some fantasy games in over the coming weeks and months. :)
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

Return to “Warhammer Fantasy - ウォーハンマー”