Are you for fantasy?

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer Fantasy/Age of Sigmar
kojibear
Legend

Re: Are you for fantasy?

Post by kojibear » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:16 pm

Lovejoy wrote:
Tenorikuma wrote:@Ashmie: I just remembered, what happened with that pal of yours from Jolly Old England who was moving back here and plays Fantasy? He stopped by Joshin that one time you and I were playing.
That'd be me..I came back to Japan about 4 months ago, now I'm settled in Nagoya and would like to get some fantasy games in over the coming weeks and months. :)
Well, I will keep the the dust off of the Tomb Kings then...though it is a 24hr job :D :D ...err....cause they come from the desert :) ...and yeah...arrrrrrgggg. :oops:

Tenorikuma
Champion

Post by Tenorikuma » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:19 pm

Lovejoy wrote:
Tenorikuma wrote:@Ashmie: I just remembered, what happened with that pal of yours from Jolly Old England who was moving back here and plays Fantasy? He stopped by Joshin that one time you and I were playing.
That'd be me..I came back to Japan about 4 months ago, now I'm settled in Nagoya and would like to get some fantasy games in over the coming weeks and months. :)
Ah ok. I still can't match everyone here to their real life personas. :lol:

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:14 pm

kojibear wrote:
job wrote:So, recently, with BP dominating my time, drooling over new FOW stuff, and 6th Ed. 40k around the corner, I'm looking at my dwarves as the army I need to cut down on.

So, I think what you are thinking about doing isn't a bad idea at all, but maybe you'll want to hang on to those things you've already painted and invested lots of time working on? It would be sad if Argyle and Talia did not finish their adventure, or Lord Balin lose his nemisis.
Might be Talia stays with me for nostalgic reasons, can't break up a team like Argyle and Talia. I should let you borrow her for your games and you can just give her dwarf stats ;) The new Gotrix and Felix!

Yep, lots of great games at the moment, BP, FoW - both look pretty cool and have a growing following.
Ah, maybe we can let her keep her stats. Sometime, maybe you'll let me try my hand at Tomb Kings and maybe you can command Argyl's rangers with Talia at their side! :)

Anyway, I hope you don't depart with models you love. After all, someday the WE will get their day in the sun and have a brand new armybook, and you'll probably be hunting again with the Woodies!
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:28 pm

Well this seems like an appropriate thread to mention I'm back from my US business trio and have firmly decided to start a Dogs of War WFB army.

What's that you say? They're no longer an official army? Well if anyone horribly objects I'll play them as Empire, but otherwise I'll probably use the 8th edition fan-designed army list from here: http://battlereporter.freeforums.org/wa ... l-f88.html

Basically I had a Bretonnian army 'back in the day', but always wanted to build a DoW army with pikes and all the mixed race goodness. And I really liked the DoW fluff. So that's what I'm gonna do!

Feedback welcome!
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

Tenorikuma
Champion

Post by Tenorikuma » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:04 pm

Dogs of War? Very cool.

Who knows — if the rumours about fantasy "Contingents" are true, you might even get new rules to play them with.

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Post by Mike the Pike » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:07 pm

Look forward to seeing them in action sometime (and then stomping them into the ground) :D
Morituri nolumus mori!

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:32 pm

DoW were my first choice for fun FB. The models were a bit pricey but all and all heaps of fun. I'm admiral Badruck and I support this post.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:48 pm

Mike the Pike wrote:Look forward to seeing them in action sometime (and then stomping them into the ground) :D
With a name like "Mike the Pike" you should be looking to join the DoW! :D
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:37 pm

YellowStreak wrote:Well this seems like an appropriate thread to mention I'm back from my US business trio and have firmly decided to start a Dogs of War WFB army.

What's that you say? They're no longer an official army?

Feedback welcome!
I for one say, "Have at thee ye scurvy dogs of war!" :D

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:47 pm

I'm glad you decided to pursue this choice. :) I hope you can find some of those excellent out of production models.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Return to “Warhammer Fantasy - ウォーハンマー”