Rule Addressment

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer Fantasy/Age of Sigmar
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Rule Addressment

Post by Primarch » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:48 pm

job wrote:Here's a real question: How does the "crumble" rule read? Do you just level the "unstable" rule on the entire unit? I never got an answer from anybody.
Its in the Vampire FAQ. You replaces the rules for break tests on page 33 of the VC rulebook with the special rules Unbreakable and Unstable.
job wrote:This is a something I was told, but I can't find anything in the book suggesting it is correct: :?:
If you are attacked in the flank along with the front, you lose your second rank attacks against the unit in the front arc. (We aren't talking about attacks against the flanking unit.)
There is no rule saying you dont get supporting attacks, but your opponent may have misread the following:
Page 49, first paragraph. To paraphrase - 'You cant make supporting attacks to the flanks or rear. Models must fight the unit they are engaged with and so cannot make supporting attacks'.
So a unit engaged to the front and the side can make attacks to the front with it's front rank, attacks to the side with it's file on the engaged flank AND supporting attacks from any unengaged models that could normally make them. However, the supporting attacks must go to the front and never the flank.
job wrote:Also one other shocking thing:
When firing a war machine, it must be entirely moved and aimed in the movement phase
It's a typo. The main FAQ changes it to "shooting phase" (About halfway down the 3rd page of the FAQ).
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:52 pm

hmm... I guess I should cruise the FAQ for more rules. I guess many of them are common rule issues/questions after all.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:28 pm

Okay a couple of new rule questions came up.
1) When a stand and shoot command is given and the shooting resolved before the charge range is resolved, is the shooting resolved at long range?
(We decided yes as we could find nothing in the rulebook suggesting otherwise.)

2) A unit is sandwiched between two units- one at its front and one at its rear. If this unit breaks, can the unit to the front pursue the opponent through the unit to the rear?
(We allowed it, but game seems to indicate contradicting principles. In the rule it says 'pick any unit' to pursue, and in the picture it shows a unit partially wheeling through another. Yet, it also reads that a pursuit ends when a unit comes within 1" of a friendly unit.)
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:48 pm

1. When you declare a stand and shoot action you make a normal shooting attack, (Page 17, paragraph 4 of the S&S section). Measure the range as you normally would to determine short/long range. If the attacker is outside of the maximum range of the weapons, the shooting is resolved as if they were just inside the maximum range. (Page 17, paragraph 5 of the S&S section).

2. No. The pivot they show is so that you dont have units pursuing sideways and that the pursuers move to their front. The bases do overlap slightly, but otherwise you'd end up not being able to move the unit at all. After the pivot, you cannot move withing 1" of another unit as shown by the third part of the diagram as you go back to using normal movement rules.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “Warhammer Fantasy - ウォーハンマー”