Warhammer Fantasy campaign 2012 - Warhammer Risk!

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer Fantasy/Age of Sigmar
Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Warhammer Fantasy campaign 2012 - Core Competency

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:41 am

The Other Dave wrote:I'm now debating. I only need a bit more to get up to 40% core - the question is whether to do that the friendly way, by bumping up my large goblin regiments even larger, or the unfriendly way, by including ridiculous numbers of Fanatics? :lol: (The decision will probably be made by the fact that I have lots and lots of goblin minis lying around, but more Fanatics would require some not-insignificant monetary expenditure, heh.)

(I also just ordered a second Very Silly Mangler Squig Proxy (TM). Woo!)
I won't be needing any of my night gobos or fanatics For that matter... You are welcome to come out to ogaki and pick them up or send me you address and I will mail them an the trolls I promised you to you.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

jus

Re: Warhammer Fantasy campaign 2012 - Warhammer Risk!

Post by jus » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:03 am

We have tried to incorporate, what was intended to be essentially a turn-based system into a casual free to play style campaign, and got close enough. But after a lot of revision, all the myriad complications required to accomodate for random moves, taking territory, as opposed to defending, exploits, loopholes and other sundry variables and unknowns, it seemed more complicated than actually fun.
core comp has been archived for later use. If ever there comes a time where we have group with the time and commitment for a regular turn based campaign.

So we have scaled back to a more "streamlined" approach, not disimilar to the grand campaign of yesteryear. But more narrative driven.
features:

-everyone is their own faction, and begins owning territory. Wood elves playing wood elves will not result in the wood elves faction getting a hex(territory)
-army does not have to have 40% core. In the hopes that more freedom is given to creating themed lists, which are still highly encouraged.
-3 named generals. There is no restriction on what gear they can take and can change it up from game to game.-hopefully the campaign will have a strong story element. A thread for battle reports and another for the on going story of the campaign that will chronicle the the movements and exploits of the player armies.

IMPORTANT: we need to know who is going to play and what army they are going to be using inorder to determine players starting locations and territories.
Last edited by jus on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

jus

Post by jus » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:26 am

Warhammer Risk! -Registration:

If you wish to participate as a player in the campaign, please post what army you will be taking, Thankyou.

myself: Vampire counts.

Tenorikuma
Champion

Post by Tenorikuma » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:33 am

Myself: Wood Elves

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:08 am

Orcs & Orcs
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:12 am

Wood Elves from the high crags above Athel Loren descend upon high to wipe the floor of the forest and beyond clear of the wretched, wicked and wasteful!

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:48 am

I have a few questions.
1. What do we do if a new armybook comes out and our characters equipment lists change or we get new character options. E.g. the new VC book has more than just Vampires as Lords choices now and their bloodlines and equipment changed a lot.
2. How are games against non-campaign players handled? Do they count or not?
3. Lets say that I want to use a different army to the one I have chosen (as I tend to play armies I have an interest in at the time). I assume the games dont count towards my tally, but what about my opponents score?
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

jus

Post by jus » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:01 am

1. What do we do if a new armybook comes out and our characters equipment lists change or we get new character options. E.g. the new VC book has more than just Vampires as Lords choices now and their bloodlines and equipment changed a lot.
2. How are games against non-campaign players handled? Do they count or not?
3. Lets say that I want to use a different army to the one I have chosen (as I tend to play armies I have an interest in at the time). I assume the games dont count towards my tally, but what about my opponents score?
1. Should a new army book be released for your army, your characters may change their options. Providing you tell us how the character managed to acquire said item/trait via plot post. Note that only one constant is necessary to differentiate characters. Be that the battle axe of the last waagh or a the sword of might that is used throughout the campaign, or a loyal pet mount. This one constant is locked in. Unless you choose your character to be slain, in which case another characters steps in to assume command with whatever new constant he/she may possess.

2. For the moment, unfortunately not.

3. Scoring involves taking a territory from your opponent, like in a game of Risk!. If you happen to play someone who doesn't have any territories to give (i.e non campaign armies) then they won't count.

If you have any ideas or suggestions to make things more flexible then we please tell us.

Colonel Voss

Post by Colonel Voss » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:49 am

Don't know how many games I can get in but I'll give it a go with my rats. Already have my generals picked out to boot, just need to flesh out the rank and file a bit with some more slaves 8-)
It's easy to die in the swamp. What's hard is to staying dead.
-Alten Ashley

Iron within, Iron without

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:22 am

1. Should a new army book be released for your army, your characters may change their options. Providing you tell us how the character managed to acquire said item/trait via plot post. Note that only one constant is necessary to differentiate characters. Be that the battle axe of the last waagh or a the sword of might that is used throughout the campaign, or a loyal pet mount. This one constant is locked in. Unless you choose your character to be slain, in which case another characters steps in to assume command with whatever new constant he/she may possess.

2. For the moment, unfortunately not.

3. Scoring involves taking a territory from your opponent, like in a game of Risk!. If you happen to play someone who doesn't have any territories to give (i.e non campaign armies) then they won't count.

If you have any ideas or suggestions to make things more flexible then we please tell us.
I think there needs to be rules for including games against non-league opponents. (a lot of people have different armies and there may be chances against people from outside or when we travel.) leagues tend to die when people are excluded and things get boring.

My suggestion is 'Raid'. Why not victories against non-league opponents act as a raid or ambush against smaller factions or places beyond the borders of the land we are fighting over? Wins would be rewarded a subsistence point or two. But no lands would be won or lost. What do you think?

Also might I add that we should have a four- or six- month occasion when you can change your list. There may be characters deemed dead by a player (entered into the halls of their ancestors!). Also people may have bought and want add things they've painted into their lists. Also it could be a chance to expand the size of lists.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Return to “Warhammer Fantasy - ウォーハンマー”