Warhammer Fantasy campaign 2012 - Warhammer Risk!

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer Fantasy/Age of Sigmar
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: Warhammer Fantasy campaign 2012 - Warhammer Risk!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:05 am

Warning! Fundamental perception of the game dispute incoming! Everyone put down your opinions and back away now!
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Tenorikuma
Champion

Post by Tenorikuma » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:44 am

It will matter not what gods your orcs served once they are all dead. :D

jus

Post by jus » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:59 am

when did Badruk say anything about tzeentch shaman?
more bizzarre things have come out of black library i.e Khorne using captive tzeench sorcerers to perform certain rituals
this was an example of some of the bizarre things that can happen in warhammer. ...just saying. Badruk isn't marrying nafink with nafink ( except orcs with khorne)

which just so happens seems to be an idea that other people in the past have used -

Please see Arfa the Grate's chaos orc army:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_ ... =16179&hl=

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:04 am

Will it make any difference to game play? If not, then it wont really matter.
Normally I would be the first one to disagree with home made fluff, but I am just not feeling it today.

I guess you could always say that they dont really worship Khorne as a god like they do Gork and Mork. Maybe they got their arses kicked in a fight and realised that "Da shouty red 'umies fight harda" and started copying them. They started out figuring the red armour and the skulls are just a good luck charm and it wasnt until the mutations started and possessions became more common that the realised there was more to it.
Thats one way to justify it.

Anyway, I am not in the mood for an online argument today, so I will leave it there and ask that folks remain civil and polite when frothing at the mouth in nerd rage.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Post by Mike the Pike » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:16 am

D'oh!
Sense of humour FAIL
Understanding of 'Smiley' usage FAIL

Why do I even bother? :roll:
Here I was laboring under the impression that most members of this were mature enough to trash talk/take a joke without blubbing. :D :D :D

I don't care who or how your Orcs, Elves, Ratmen or Twilight wannabes worship. You are all just so many more future slaves for the mines of Naggaroth. :twisted:

P.S. for those who are humor challenged :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Morituri nolumus mori!

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Post by Mike the Pike » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:23 am

BTW Are we still doing the 40% core thingy? Or has that gone the way of the dodo?
Morituri nolumus mori!

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:00 am

@Mike

No it's just the standard rules composition again now, and the Old World is not being used for the map either just some new land that's been discovered. Shame really as I spent an hour copying and pasting old world maps on to the thread to support my fluff. Wish I had known beforehand. Still I can keep the background and say they came from the Old World so all is not lost. :D
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Post by Mike the Pike » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:13 am

D'oh! :cry:
I coulda used some more heavy hitters today against Koji's wooodies.
Morituri nolumus mori!

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:04 am

*shakes fist at pikey and koji*

Gah! damn you for playing warhammer on a wednesday! y'all should be suffering under the yoke of Work, just like me :evil: :evil: :evil:
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

jus

Post by jus » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:33 am

Great fluff guys. When we get the fluff threads up, we are going to clean up this thread and move all relevant fluff posts to their righful place - in a fluff thread.

NOTICE: What do you guys think about having a thread each for your own narrative telling devices?
This way you can start with a brief synopsis of what your army is about and then following all the general back story and forum discussion specific to your army's story, rather than having a huge general fluff thread that is an amagalmation of everyones story. I would like your battle reports to go into these threads also as they are in effect an expansion of your armies story. This would be in lieu of a battle report thread.

Start a thread in this Risk forum with the name of your army and start posting.

-First post should be a synopsis of your force. general information about your characters and note worthies. e.g Mike the pikes summary of his dark elf force.

-following will be anything from more fluff posts like kojibear's magnum opus a few posts up, which is awesome and even has pictures, battle reports and discussion from forum members

This will be your faction thread and so you can add fluff and report your wins and losses to it as you see fit.

Return to “Warhammer Fantasy - ウォーハンマー”