Warhammer Fantasy campaign 2012 - Warhammer Risk!

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer Fantasy/Age of Sigmar
kojibear
Legend

Re: Warhammer Fantasy campaign 2012 - Warhammer Risk!

Post by kojibear » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:57 pm

Well, we seem to have come full circle here guys, being there are now no rules or army compositions.

It seems that the this campaign is very similar to last years, except for the goal to field fluffy lists.

Well, I will start thinking about my fluff and do my best to keep it going throughout the year. :) It shall be the fantasy year of the wooly fluffy sheep.

Reading the Wood Elves Army Book, fluffy lists would be something like this:

- A Wood Elf army will be made up of Glade Guard, Glade Riders, Eternal Guard, Warhawk Riders and Wardancers with a limited number of forest spirit support.

- A Wood Elf scouting party will be made up of Glade Guard Scouts, Waywatchers, Glade riders with some forest spirit support.

- A Forest Spirit Army will be made up exclusively of dryads, treekin, treemen and wild riders.

jus

Post by jus » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:39 pm

Brilliant ideas gents, looking forward to seeing them on the table.

for myself, I plan on fielding
- a classic Von carstein skeleton hoard theme
- a stigoi ghoul king ghoul theme
- master necromancer's zombie apocalypse.

@job: we are digging the raid idea, and working to incorporate it. Also, army lists became changeable between games 2 revisions ago. You can change it up a bit, but we are still hoping everyone would bring fun fluff themed lists.

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:47 am

If I can make it to any of the games (at Joshin I'm presuming) I'll bring Wurzags Orcs and Goblins or Grom the Paunch and his Orcs and Goblins. Probably Wurzag as I haven't painted Grom yet.

May I suggest if you are going to forgo campaign map rules and small details why not make a fantasy roleplay character sheet of your generals and play a side adventure with them in between battles. You could either meet once a month after the battle and play for an hour to move the story along or set up a Skype game (with mics). After all this was how first edition fantasy roleplay was born, the makers of fantasy battle wanted to drive the narrative in between tabletop games. Whenever they had a battle in the story they would use the fantasy battle rules and play that, using models.

Jus you already have a campaign with Von Carstein under your belt. The great victory against Heinrich Kemler as well. You would have to make the scenarios short so you could roleplay them in an hour after you have had your battle on the tabletop. Or the GM could run a play by e mail post game in the run up to each battle. Keeping it simple and not too rule heavy. A GM could arrange the scenario to run for your generals.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:10 am

Would I be able to play an Empire militia army from Bogenhofen. They would be led by Johannes Teugan a townsman aristocrat who has recently turned to chaos necromancy. He has a familiar with him called Gideon who is actually a shapeshifter daemon lesser servitor of Tszeenitch. His plan is to bring Bogenhofen to it's knees and the rest of the Old World by opening chaos gates here and in Middenheim. This would be an Empire army with an evil wizard leading them but I would need to use a daemon (humanoid shape) as a monster in the list. Are we allowed to mix and match from different army lists to create the fluff we want?
My army would be based on The Enemy Within campaign. Shadows over Bogenhofen.

-edited afterthought -

It would take me the best part of 2012 to get anywhere nearing this kind of army set up painting wise so if you run it next year count me in. In the meantime perhaps I'll use my Orcs and Goblins. I'm a bit stuck for a theme so maybe just call them the Orrible lot of Crove Crag. It will be a balanced orc and goblin army. They have a giant, perhaps some trolls. Main is Black Orcs, Savage orcs and Boar Boys. I might cut down on the gobos the same as Rob. We shall see. Basically I will use the models I have, I won't be buying anymore as I have around 3000 points worth already.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

jus

Post by jus » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:37 am

Empire militia army from Bogenhofen. They would be led by Johannes Teugan a townsman aristocrat who has recently turned to chaos necromancy. He has a familiar with him called Gideon who is actually a shapeshifter daemon lesser servitor of Tszeenitch. His plan is to bring Bogenhofen to it's knees and the rest of the Old World by opening chaos gates here and in Middenheim. This would be an Empire army with an evil wizard leading them but I would need to use a daemon (humanoid shape) as a monster in the list.
Now this, gentlemen, is one fine specimen of the interesting, narrative based army we are hoping for. Round of applause.
Are we allowed to mix and match from different army lists to create the fluff we want?
My army would be based on The Enemy Within campaign. Shadows over Bogenhofen.
unfortunately not, for internal balance reasons. He'd have to be an empire archmage with all sorts of items that come as close as possible to giving him a demon possessed bent. Lore of fire e.t.c.
brilliant nonetheless.

The Orrible lot of Crove Crag sounds great too. It would probably be better if you went with them for now, since we'll be starting up soonish. Tell us a bit more about Crove crag, and there will be a starting location called crove crag just waiting for you on the campaign map. It will be your starting location/head quarters from which you cover the world in a second darkness!

Colonel Voss

Post by Colonel Voss » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:11 pm

I've got a story written out for my faction and their little civil war and one upmanship gaming (hey, they're skaven, they're always plotting) that I will try to type up here on sunday or monday.
It's easy to die in the swamp. What's hard is to staying dead.
-Alten Ashley

Iron within, Iron without

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Post by Mike the Pike » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:48 am

Is it too late to sign up with my Dark Elves? Been rather busy lately.

That and I had to admit to switching off on this thread when someone mentioned an Orc Shaman who had sworn allegiance to Khorne (WTF!). I thought this meant to be fluff driven. I mean, I hate Khorne but the above is an insult :D :D :D :D
Morituri nolumus mori!

jus

Post by jus » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:19 am

@Mike: Not a problem mate, we'll slot you in to the map presently.

...as for chaos possessed orcs, more bizzarre things have come out of black library i.e Khorne using captive tzeench sorcerers to perform certain rituals (oh, the sacrilege). If dwarfs can turn to chaos, then greenskins isn't so much of a stretch. In any case, it sounds plenty fluff driven.
Its fine right? yeh it is. no problem

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:26 am

@Miketheshortdullstick: as for personal comments about the fluff I am making up for my very theme an very just for the fun of building little toy monsters for fun :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: nothing but love for those who look down on what makes the game fun for me. I like doing things my way. Sorry if if don't meet everyone's approval. No need to poke fun at it mate :mrgreen: :geek: the main reason I don't want to play historical because of comments like that. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I am playing An army of Orcs that follows KHORNE Truth fully an abomination to the other orcs clans. Is It only humans that can be tempted and brought in to cults of Chaos?

Why would it be impossible for a blood thirsty warlord and shaman to convert to Khorne?
Why would Khorne not find Orcs to be wonderful underlings.
If you are talking about magic then. I get it but the fluff around my Orcs of Khorne is that they do not use magic. they are blessed by Khorne. If any magic users do show up they are from tribes we have conquered and the magic the posess is used as means for crushing the blood out of friend an foe alike.

If you do not likely post then do not read them. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

As for a late arrival to the campaign welcome aboard brother. can wait to see what an army made of pure limburger will look like. At least this time everyone is on their own. Hope you come out the winner. If not all that limburger will have gone to waste. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by Admiral-Badruck on Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:31 am

I have to say, while Orks converting to Chaos is probably most natural to an upstart ork looking for a new way to club down his fellows and go looting Dwarf halls and Imperial cities, I would have to agree with MtP that there is a fundamental doctrinal dispute at the heart of taking an oath of allegiance to Khrone and then taking on Tzeentch shamans on board. To be a Khorne warband you have to expiate the spellcasters in preference for more machetes, axes and blades. You have to embrace visceral close quarter bloodshed and disdain the meticulous and mystic use of magic. I don't think a Khrone warboss could tolerate a magician. :ugeek:

How about dividing the forces by cults? A bloodshedding, close quarter band for Khrone; A mystical, magic-embracing army for Tzeentch. And if you want to marry the two, create an uber-undivided warboss to forge the two into an alliance? :idea:
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Return to “Warhammer Fantasy - ウォーハンマー”