The Isla de los Meurtos

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer Fantasy/Age of Sigmar
jus

The Isla de los Meurtos

Post by jus » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:54 am

Esteemed Colleagues,

It is with great pleasure that I bring ye tidings of an incredible finding. And such a finding indeed that will see the fame of our humble guild, the Explorator league of Marienburg, rise to such dizzying heights that even the recent discoveries of those fawning publican fools in Altdorf will appear to be nothing short of trifling.

Steered off course by a most singular and malevolent occurrence we purport to have been a storm of magic, the tides of Manaan were fortunate to wash us ashore upon an uncharted land not yet despoiled by war, or at least not one to have seen wanton carnage for some time. This land, I see, will be the making of a grand colony for it is blessed of the gods themselves. Mineral veins of gold and precious stones, litter the caverns below, so rich that even a dwarf would surrender his beard for a chance to tap one. Not only natural resources here, mind, but strange and forbidden ones also. Shards of what they call warp stone appear in deposits all over the isle, sure to fetch a handsome sum from the cavorting mad and deranged who dabble with elixirs, magics and such. As for flora and fauna, this land is replete with fresh game and its ancient forests are truly a wonder to behold. But the MUSHROOMS that dot the forest floors... By my word sirs,they are AMAZING.

When you receive this letter deliver it to the chairman, and prepare for another expedition. Maps and bearings have been included herein to ensure you reach us here. You will know, I am sure, of the stakes involved in this finding and the importance of secrecy.

The men have recently reported sightings of apparitions and dead things walking and much to my chargrin have named this place the Isla de los Meurtos. A foolish notion if ever there was one, but perhaps not, for I too am beginning to feel a slight unease settling. Not to worry however, I expect we will last a while yet on mushrooms. Along the way here make sure to stop at Port Royale to acquire some of those fine Brettonian vintages so that we can celebrate once you arrive. Do take your time, it is not as if while eagerly awaiting your arrival, the armies of every race in the old world will discover the location of this isle and set upon it in a bloody and epic campaign for conquest and domination. Perish the thought.

In the name of profit,

Johann Esmer, Captain of the Pharaon.

A letter with charts and maps seized by pirates along the way the Marienburg.

The pirates thought it funny to copy it and send it to every major port.

Thus was the location of the Isla de los Meurtos made known to the greedy, the mad, the enterprising, and the fey.
Last edited by jus on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Warhammer Fantasy - ウォーハンマー”