The Orrible Lot 2

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer Fantasy/Age of Sigmar
ashmie
Wargod

The Orrible Lot 2

Post by ashmie » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:08 am

Back from the warp to far off forgotten lands. In for a penny in for a gold coin the Orrible Lot are back and this time they will taste man flesh.

As a desterting faction of the Broken Tooth Tribe who originally hail from Black Crag. South of Border Princes way down in the Badlands. They have marauded their way up to the Empire and are now rumored to be hiding from the Broken Tooth Tribe Boss somewhere in the Grey Mountains of The Empire South West of Bogenhafen. Adventurers, farmers and some scouts from Helmgart have sighted Orcs at different occasions in the past year east of Castle Drachenfels and close to the town of Helmgart.
The exact location of Crove Crag is not certain but it is most likely in this region of the Grey Mountains.
If you can find them then maybe they can help you, do some business or clash 'eads in the name of good sport. Just don't tell their tribe boss whom they have done a runner from.
Their raids on the outlying farms of Bogenhafen and Helmgart are usually monthly. The next raid is predicted by the townsfolk to be around the end of Nachhexen (February) in the year of our Emperor Karl Franz 2013. (Joshin anyone for an afternoon battle? Or in Tsu at the monthly moot. 3rd weekend of the month.)

The last battle in the month of Nachhexen 2012

And so the Orrible Lot of Crove Crag were banished to an archipelago of the Old World by the evil enchanter Drachenfels. They thought they had died and were in Orcy heaven when they charged down the mountainside and into the hunting party of the wood elves. After a few in house squabbles they were finally smashed to bits and sent packing by the might of Orions tree kin. Seeing an opening the horde of Jakes Savage Orc Boar Boys made a charge at the dryads splintering wood and branches in their wake.
The Giant yelled and bawled at the Elves inside the keep making them run away, he made himself at home and started on the bacon and eggs in the hearth.
The tree kin meanwhile made mincemeat of the Orc hordes sending them scattered and destroyed, some elven magic was at work called skin to bark or some such nonsense. Jake and Tank were sure of their chance and charged headlong into the enemy general destroying him and taking one of his banners from the glade guard.

Suddenly Morslieb gave a chaotic howl and the moon ducked behind the clouds throwing the island into a perpetual darkness. The units and armies were lost from each other and split up not returning to the field after initial charges. The battle was over but it was far from won on either side.

The Orrible lot desperately need their mountain range back. Their plan is to raid the settlements of the mountains in order to set up Orc raiding posts on the mountain passes and pilage the caverns of Dwarven gold. The Lot don't care so much for river land and marsh land even if this is their starting point.
If they can gain a foothold in the mountains then that would sort them out financially. If any merchants from the Empire or Border Princes are travelling through then they will taste manflesh. The more mountain range they can take the better and the more stone they will have for their future plans.
Poacher Jake wishes to build an army worthy of the Great Enchanter Drachenfels. Worthy to drive him out of his hole for good.
Waaaaggggggh.
Last edited by ashmie on Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

jus

Re: The Orrible Lot 2

Post by jus » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:52 am

Hahaha, they will taste manflesh!

Brilliant!

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:52 am

If I have anything to say, these black hearts will only taste stickin' black bread or dwarf steel! :twisted:

Love it! I nearly blew a gasket when I read you boys covet Dwarven gold. Nothing could anger us more that maybe suggesting anything about our height or beard. I also remember how Jake and his company disturbed the "peace" of good folk, dwarves humans and elves, way back in Nachhexen.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:23 pm

Jake fumbles for his book of Orc Speech from The Hobbit movie and then realises he will have to watch it a third time before he can find a suitable retort. :)
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:13 am

Jake da Poacher stumbled wearily back to his dung pile and for the first time in what seemed like months put his feet up on a nearby goblin footstall. "Well, that's it for another winter. No one is going to bother us now. Fortified and happliy dug in to the orccave until the Spring when we will go marauding again".
He was talking nonchantly to himself of course in a self satisfied daily gloat.
Suddenly a wolf rider sounded his horn and dismounted outside the dung tent. "What is IT", yelled Jake.

The scrawny undernourished goblin entered the tent removing his helm. "An army your lordship, dwarfrunts not a day from here as the wolf runs."

"FOR GAWDS SAKE CAN'T AN ORC GET SOME PEACE AROUND HERE," Jake screeched. "There I was putting my toes up for a nice long winters nap and low and behold it's time to man the fort again. Well we've just had this place built and fortified so it shouldn't proove too much of a threat. But talk about timing. What do they want at this time of year I ask Morker. Send word to Tank, tell him to send me some Helgart manlings for basic cannon fodder. I'll stick 'em out front as a diversion. Hopefully they won't smell us." Jake whacks the wolf rider in the face as he runs off to the nearby goblin camp quick as maybe.

"ANOTHER YEAR OVER A NEW ONE JUST BEGUN" he sighs. Then yelling into the trumpet blaster he blares orders to camp. "GREEN UP THE DEFENSES YOU ORRIBLE LOT, WE ARE EXPECTING COMPANY. HIDE THE MULLED WINE OR WHATS LEFT OF IT AND BRING ME UP ANOTHER JAR OF PICKLED ONIONS. YOU WILL ALL TASTE GRUNT FLESH BEFORE THE WEEKEND IS OUT. 2 DAYS TOPS ON ACCOUNT OF THEIR LITTLE LEGS."

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:12 am

Short Legs!!!! Your rotten green shins are going to pay for what your what your black tongues quip.

Loved the style. I chuckled while reading it, well, most it. The last part raised my blood. A low blow, even by dwarf standards. :D
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:57 am

The clash of 'eads. A full on scrap within the first turn descended into a blood bath in the second and was nearly over by the end of the turn.
A fun battle was had. A victory for the dwarves on points with details to follow.
Enjoy these pics of todays scrap. I hope to play more games like this. Epic stuff. :D
Full photo images here, scroll through: http://s591.beta.photobucket.com/user/a ... sort=6&o=0

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:02 am

If those photos are anything to go by, it looks like there was a fair amount of action in the game. :D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:05 am

It was a beautiful scrap mate. Wargaming resolve rallied and in top form. It was worth the one year break from Warhammer. Can't wait for some Black Powder. :)

Tenorikuma
Champion

Post by Tenorikuma » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:09 am

Terrific photos! It looks to have been an epic battle, and no doubt both dwarves and goblins will recount their respective heroic deeds around hearth and campfire for years to come.

Return to “Warhammer Fantasy - ウォーハンマー”