From the diary of Hans Grunwald:

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer Fantasy/Age of Sigmar
job
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: From the diary of Hans Grunwald:

Post by job » Tue May 28, 2013 7:50 am

These days I often ponder the strangeness of chance. I once heard a man in Middenheim, orating to the assembled crowd from atop a turnip-box who promulgated that the gods do not love us at all, but merely play with us as a child with it's toys. He proclaimed they engineer our misfortune and plot our sorrows for their own amusement.
The crowd were not kind to him, sending him on his way, pelted with his own turnips. At the time I merely smirked as his words or troubles meant little to me, but now i consider mayhaps he spoke some sliver of truth, as surely my predicament couldst not be the result of chance alone, but mayeth only be explained as the cruel amusement of some twisted power?
You've got a knack for storytelling. I love your use of this side story to set the tone. Really awesome.

It's also cool to see all your side games worked into the account. I hope you saved some lizard meat for for trading. :D BPFS?
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Wed May 29, 2013 10:19 am

job wrote:
These days I often ponder the strangeness of chance. I once heard a man in Middenheim, orating to the assembled crowd from atop a turnip-box who promulgated that the gods do not love us at all, but merely play with us as a child with it's toys. He proclaimed they engineer our misfortune and plot our sorrows for their own amusement.
The crowd were not kind to him, sending him on his way, pelted with his own turnips. At the time I merely smirked as his words or troubles meant little to me, but now i consider mayhaps he spoke some sliver of truth, as surely my predicament couldst not be the result of chance alone, but mayeth only be explained as the cruel amusement of some twisted power?
You've got a knack for storytelling. I love your use of this side story to set the tone. Really awesome.

It's also cool to see all your side games worked into the account. I hope you saved some lizard meat for for trading. :D BPFS?
Thanks! :)
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Thu May 30, 2013 3:39 am

YellowStreak wrote:The most recent clash was against such creatures the like of which I'd ne'er heard: lizards! Lizards of all shapes and sizes, walking on their hind-legs in the manner of men! Not only walking, but incredibly bearing shield and sword into battle!
But barely did I get the change to lay my gaze upon these wondrous creatures before the Ogre horde charge'd, a destructive avalanche of flesh, scattering all before them. My captors did sup well that night, and forgiveth me Sigmar, so did I....

To my surprise the tender meat was not unlike chicken...[/i]
Eating Lizardmen meat, how abominable :o This insult will have to be avenged :x Preferrably from a distance.

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:04 am

The Underdweller wrote:Eating Lizardmen meat, how abominable :o This insult will have to be avenged :x Preferrably from a distance.
Next time we'll be eating cuisses de grenouille!

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:32 am

YellowStreak wrote:
The Underdweller wrote:Eating Lizardmen meat, how abominable :o This insult will have to be avenged :x Preferrably from a distance.
Next time we'll be eating cuisses de grenouille!
It just so happens that Elarelle has similarly developed the rather distasteful practice of eating her prey. It's like a new club and you're not cool if you're not in :D ;)

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:49 pm

We Lizardmen are more civilized than Ogres or Wood Elves and will not be partaking of any enemy flesh that we defeat. We will instead rip out the living heart of any foes that we capture during our traditional festivals. We are very cultural.

DarkElves>All
Warrior

Post by DarkElves>All » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:01 pm

Just recently happened upon this thread!

Yellowstreak, this is high quality work! If you are not already an author, and if you have not published any of your writing beyond the realm of NagoyaHammer so far, I suggest you should.

Such talent is rare and should be shared with the world 8-)
Druchii.net -- Mischief, Mayhem, Dark Elves

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:54 am

DarkElves>All wrote:Just recently happened upon this thread!

Yellowstreak, this is high quality work! If you are not already an author, and if you have not published any of your writing beyond the realm of NagoyaHammer so far, I suggest you should.

Such talent is rare and should be shared with the world 8-)
Thanks for the praise! Not an author, although my mother is a journalist and an author (as was her father - my grandfather).
I'd write more, but I've got all these #$^&@ miniatures to paint! :lol:

DarkElves>All
Warrior

Post by DarkElves>All » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:31 pm

Looks like it is in the blood then 8-)

May your painting and writing continue to bear fruit :D
Druchii.net -- Mischief, Mayhem, Dark Elves

Return to “Warhammer Fantasy - ウォーハンマー”