NEW DARK ELVES

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer Fantasy/Age of Sigmar
job
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: NEW DARK ELVES

Post by job » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:20 pm

All the Warhammer guys better prepare for hydra #3 in Pikey's army. :D I like the model, too.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Post by Mike the Pike » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:25 pm

Hellebron and the cauldron are both looking good. Can't wait.

As for a 3rd Hydra, why stop there? ;)
Morituri nolumus mori!

DarkElves>All
Warrior

Post by DarkElves>All » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:32 pm

BOOM!

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... meStyle=wh

Looking even better on the official page!

Druchii.net -- Mischief, Mayhem, Dark Elves

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Post by Mike the Pike » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:20 am

I have just spent the last wee while checking them out. As you say, they look even better on the GW page. None of this "it'll probably look better in the flesh" nonsense for the Druchii.

Oh yeah, they're up for pre-order too. I just spent the kids Christmas present money of all sorts of plastic goodness.

As for prices, once again, they are basically the same as UK prices. The only exception is the book. There is also free shipping on pre-orders, although I ordered enough that I would qualify for free shipping anyway. :twisted:

However GW wouldn't be GW if they didn't do something mental. The one-click Khaine bundle is once again, inexplicably more expensive than buying the individual components individually. WTF? Pricing also appears to be at least partially based on in-game effectiveness. 10x plastic Witches are more expensive than 10x Warriors. The sculpts are nicer, more involved but come on GW.

In conclusion, consider my (shaky at best) Spevna stance temporarily suspended, at least until my Druchii fever passes or I run out of money, whichever comes first.
Morituri nolumus mori!

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:48 am

Mike the Pike wrote:Hellebron and the cauldron are both looking good. Can't wait.

As for a 3rd Hydra, why stop there? ;)
I lay the blame squarely on Homer. Hmm...I think my next hero shall be called Odysseus ;)

I like the Witch Elves. I think they look very feminine and wild. The facial details are very good, or maybe its the paint job?

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:07 am

Well, dark elves are definitely the most interesting of the armies I don't have in a game I don't play. If they'd been around a couple years ago when I was building my DEldar there would defo have been a box o witch elves in my collection. I also think the CoB kit would be a good addition to a starter DEldar army.

All in all, another very strong plastic release. Shadow blade is a well posed mini, too. GW are getting the hang of this "dynamic" malarkey. :)

If the CoB had been a tad cheaper I might have considered it for parts for my corsair vypers, but for that much I think I'll just ganbaru with plasticard.

Incidentally, wasn't Charybdis the whirlpool, whereas the beastie was Scylla? Kinda backed themselves into a corner on that one, given the existence of Mr Anfingrimm...
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:27 am

Totally being a geek here but Odysseus and co I think passed Scylla and Hecules slew the Hydra. :geek:

Of course Hecules slew only one Hydra. Against three things might have ended differently. :D
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:47 am

job wrote:Totally being a geek here but Odysseus and co I think passed Scylla and Hecules slew the Hydra. :geek:

Of course Hecules slew only one Hydra. Against three things might have ended differently. :D
Quite right my good man! Well...I'm sure good ol' Odysseus slew a Hydra or two...Hey, that rhymed! :D Hmm...perhaps Odysseus is more of a Witch Elf slayer. He was pretty effective against attractive women who wanted to kill him. :D

Incidentally, I wonder how the Cold One Knights and Dark Riders may look? Have they been changed?

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:30 am

Mike the Pike wrote:
In conclusion, consider my (shaky at best) Spevna stance temporarily suspended, at least until my Druchii fever passes or I run out of money, whichever comes first.

Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:31 am

I know herc killed the Lernean hydra (at least he did in the movie...) but Oddyseus definitely had to pass between Scylla and Charybdis. The former was a large beastie that ate people, the latter a big whirlpool of swirly death. Here endeth the lesson :D
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Return to “Warhammer Fantasy - ウォーハンマー”