The End Times and Beyond

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer Fantasy/Age of Sigmar
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: The End Times and Beyond

Post by Primarch » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:41 pm

Spevna wrote:That guy who burnt his minis is an attention seeker. No different to guys who punish their kids and upload it to YouTube to show what "great fathers" they are. This guys is obviously a "real gamer".

I understand that people are letdown and pissed off, but it's not as if editions 1-8 suddenly ceased to exist.

Pick the one you and your mates like, and play that.
Indeed.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:45 pm

At first I thought it was going to be funny and a bit of a joke. Then I watched the video and was quite disturbed about how angry he had let the hobby get him. It reminded of me back in the dark days. What a waste and very sad that he had to burn his models. It would have been better if he had actually finished the army, there were quite a lot of unpainted and not undercoated models in there. Some people can't even afford food and he's burning his toys. Also using death metal gives the genre a bad name. ;) He just makes us look like complete pricks!
He dared to call it a mandala also. What a jerk as they say in The States.
So glad I didn't get rid of my models because of some hissy fit. 8 editions to choose from, it's a system that can still be played. What a shame. I'm sure he will regret doing that. Or maybe not. Ah well.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:10 am

I knew we could count on the Fuhrer to say it for us. All and all I think the End of Times, really should be a wake up call for the participants in this hobby to grow up a bit. Burning you toys in nerd-rage, really.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:41 pm

Not sure if this has been posted already. Fans are already rewriting their own versions of Age of Sigmar. It looks like there aren't many rules now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYG-APGLIXs
Looked like a quick game.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:35 am

Spevna wrote:That chaos shield is interesting. Could that new sign be Malal? Maybe Slanesh was deemed too pervy for a younger market?

That guy who burnt his minis is an attention seeker. No different to guys who punish their kids and upload it to YouTube to show what "great fathers" they are. This guys is obviously a "real gamer".

I understand that people are letdown and pissed off, but it's not as if editions 1-8 suddenly ceased to exist.

Pick the one you and your mates like, and play that.
Precisely. Presumably he had fun playing previous editions? They still exist! (And heck, Oldhammer is totally a thing.)

(Not to mention that burning that much plastic is hella environmentally unfriendly.)
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 3 infantry

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:51 am

So I downloaded the rules and the O&G Warscroll. Eh, I'd play it - they've even worked in characterful bennies for my all-night-goblin army. I mean, it'd take a certain easygoing mindset and a few games to figure out how the heck balance works (I guess I've seen people suggest wound count as a very rough measure?), but I'm willing to do that kind of thing, sure.

No way I'm actually, like, buying rulebooks, though.
-----

jus

Post by jus » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:53 pm

I've a mind to give it a try too actually. I will probably have to use high elves, oh I beg your pardon...Aelfs

Incidentally, those at storm cast eternals are massive

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:01 pm

Tabletop Gaming News just posted a fairly unbiassed review of AoS.
http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/a-new ... of-sigmar/
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:15 am

While I have little enthusiasm for the new game, the models are not bad looking at all (minus the winged guys), especially the Chaos stuff. I'd like to get hold of some Marauders some time to make into cultist conversions.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:57 am

Primarch wrote:Tabletop Gaming News just posted a fairly unbiassed review of AoS.
http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/a-new ... of-sigmar/
I've been idly (masochistically?) reading some reviews and battle reports here and there, and even the more-positive ones note that games almost always devolve into immobile scrums in the middle of the board which just stay there until the dice say everyone on one side's dead. It's quite conceivable that scenarios could add some flavor and tactics to this, I suppose - I'd hope, even.
-----

Return to “Warhammer Fantasy - ウォーハンマー”