Shadespire

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer Fantasy/Age of Sigmar
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Shadespire

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:34 am

Warhammer TV has a game up using the new starter set warbands, and they look pretty solid. Interestingly, and presumably because the starter set doesn't include rules for lethal hexes, the ghosts don't ignore lethal hex damage like other insubstantial dudes - which is probably for the good TBH.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:25 am

I *really* like the Seraphon. Managed a draw against Dave's Slaanesh on the first trip out (which is a good result in my book) and then won a bunch of 3 player games.

They're not as oppressive as Grymwatch at their height but I had a very nostalgic experience of feeling like I could score almost at will.

They're fragile and numerous so I can imagine them having serious problems if the focus of undivided attention from real bruisers but definitely a good warband.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:34 am

Yeah, it felt like they were a bit slippery - when I also had to worry about wolf-riders or khorne guys breathing down my neck, it was easy to turn away for a minute and suddenly the lizards had a dozen glory, but in the one-one-one game it felt a lot easier to deal with. There's some stuff you can score instantly, but everyone has some of that these days, and a lot of the capture stuff seemed like you had to telegraph it a bit, which makes it disruptable, unlike the ghouls or Mollog at their relative peaks. Again, when I wasn't sandwiched between a Saurus and a flesh hound, heh.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Return to “Warhammer Fantasy - ウォーハンマー”