Shadespire

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer Fantasy/Age of Sigmar
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Shadespire

Post by The Other Dave » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:38 pm

It’s like that Key and Peele sketch - how will you know she’s a vampire if she doesn’t hiss and bare her fangs? :lol:
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 3 infantry

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:02 pm

Here's the Crimson Court video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXkxMYjzdbs

I still hate that name, but man do they look cool.
-----

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:13 pm

Hmmm.....

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:16 pm

Fixed it...

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:52 pm

ee, there's lovely.

big hair lady: As I said earlier, I like her, but she could use a spot of botox or summat. Still very nice, though.

Wing dude - noice. I like the wings and his more animalistic pose, with the implications of how the Curse causes degeneration. Also, I really, reeeally want to fiddle with the sculpt a bit then paint him up to look like Raziel from Soul Reaver. Raziel was cool 8-)

Leader man - probably my least favourite of the group. I mean, he's fine and all, but basically he's a warhammer vampire. *shrug* still very acceptable, though.

big mace guy - ooft. This guy is spot on. The angle of the hands/arms holding the mace, the armour, the face. The whole thing screams superior arrogance, but with the skills to back it up. This guy's got personality, and as we all know, personality goes a long way. *chef's kiss* a near-perfect sculpt. My favourite of the group.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:38 pm

They look real good. Actually I’m least excited by the wing guy, but it’s just because everything else in there is so awesome rather than because he’s ugly or anything. Mace dude and hair lady are my two favorites.

Me being me, I’m very intrigued by the half-a-card of rules we saw. :lol: There was a *lot* of text on there, and based on the presenters’ chat, it seems like they may be all about hunger management. Just right and they get buffed, too little and they’re lethargic, too much and they frenzy (the one rule we can see semi-clearly is that the boss can’t go on guard if he has 3 or more hunger), that kinda thing.
-----

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:30 am

I'm here for another four figure warband, I expect these folk and the Chaos Warriors will be rivals for my affections. I'll definitely paint up and use both to give them a fair shot.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:25 am

Hmm, so the Slaves to Darkness are up for preorder this weekend, with nary a peep (as of yet) about cards and such - it seems to me the hype train usually starts sooner than this. Still and all, I've been looking forward to them, and it'll give me an excuse to order a couple bits and bobs for my plague marines at the same time.
-----

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:13 pm

Anyhoo, the rules and card preview is up:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/202 ... -mechanic/

(I suppose they get a rules card for "desecration tokens"? All the cards say "see 'desecration tokens'," but the only place it's explained is in the article text.) They look interesting, but again maybe a little bit more fiddly than they really need to be - for one thing, it'll be relatively easy to make it hard for them to inspire with a diagonal setup and/or putting objectives way in your backfield, and somebody like a Feed the Beastgrave Hrothgorn just being able to make it flat-out impossible for them to inspire is scary. And the two warriors' desecration mechanics, while easy to pull off, remind me of the fyreslayers in that there's a temptation to spend their first turn desecrating instead of attacking. They sort of seem tailor-made to take on ghouls, really, what with desecrating objectives when they kill something standing on them, and lots of 2-damage attacks... But their stats are good - the three warriors, anyway - and they have some interesting leader buff aura cards, which is something we haven't really seen. I think the weak link is the sorcerer, actually - 3 wounds and she wounds herself on any failed magic attack roll, which with 2 attack dice is going to be fairly often.

Lots of good universals, though! Unafraid (an end phase objective giving 2 glory for having everybody within 2 hexes of an enemy) is just what I needed for my aggro Magore's deck, and Unassailable (end phase, 1 glory if you have primacy or your leader is the only leader alive) is also a nice tool for the aggro toolbox. Colossal Blow (a gambit giving an attack knockback and doing damage if you can't knock the target back the total distance) is also potentially real nice.
-----

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:05 pm

I am now most excited for the Castigator warband, in the buried-the-lede Dreadfane-esque release. Not sure how they're going to do balance wise, but I'm a big fan of warbands I already have half painted at the time they're announced.

Return to “Warhammer Fantasy - ウォーハンマー”