Karantu
Champion

Re: Age of Sigmar?

Post by Karantu » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:06 am

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:15 am
Karantu wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:48 am
There are points increases all across the board from AoS 2.0 so something around 1000-1500 shouldn't be too bad. If you want some AoS1.0 SCE I should still have a starter box worth kicking around.
I was about to say "don't I have your AOS 1.0 stuff?" but I have the *2.0* stuff, including the ballista in question :lol:

Looks like I should probably keep my powder dry until the Battletome hits.

Edit: ooh but the standalone ETB box has different crew so clearly a second one is necessary...
I feel like I'm going to run into the artillery battalion with some nasty overwatch. My post here should be up to date if you're interested. I even have some of those fancy crossbow guys that I've saved you the trouble of building.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:49 am

Karantu wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:06 am
I feel like I'm going to run into the artillery battalion with some nasty overwatch. My post here should be up to date if you're interested. I even have some of those fancy crossbow guys that I've saved you the trouble of building.

I'll likely be up for trading but I will wait for the battletome. I have all of that stuff already but I got it for Warcry so there is about zero chance I put it together in a fieldable state :lol:

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:59 am

I really like the Path to Glory rules, they combine Crusade and Warcry influences and bring some cool stuff of their own. They're highly flexible too - you make your own decision at what size to start at, and there's tier rules to turn your buffs on or off when playing more or less experienced teams - including turning basically everything off for a game against a non-Path to Glory force but still having it count.

It does seem more brutal than either Warcry or Crusade though, heroes can straight up die and units can lose members, so it looks like there's a bit of a glory tax to keep your units at full strength as you could easily suffer several casualties per battle.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:32 am

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:59 am
It does seem more brutal than either Warcry or Crusade though, heroes can straight up die and units can lose members, so it looks like there's a bit of a glory tax to keep your units at full strength as you could easily suffer several casualties per battle.
*looks around nervously in goblin*

I do like the look of Path to Glory in general, though, especially if they end up expanding the quests and rewards tables in future - if there's a weakness to the system as it stands, it's that. It feels a *lot* more narrative than even Crusade is, though, which is fitting.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 3 infantry

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:41 am

The Other Dave wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:32 am
I do like the look of Path to Glory in general, though, especially if they end up expanding the quests and rewards tables in future - if there's a weakness to the system as it stands, it's that. It feels a *lot* more narrative than even Crusade is, though, which is fitting.
Hopefully there's more goodies for everyone in the mission packs; the best bits of Crusade are in the Codexes, and while I'm a huge fan of them you do get the situation we're having now in 40K, where it's just way more fun if you have your Codex. It's going to be bad enough waiting for your Battletome as it is.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:39 pm

So I finally have my Stormcast Battletome and...I still have no idea what I'm doing :lol: They have *so many units* (and in particular so many heroes) it's hard to pick a theme and actually build a list. This must be what it's like to grapple with Codex Space Marines without the benefit of all that theorycraft.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:07 am

Did the Dragons just *not* go up for preorder today? 😭

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:59 pm

Delayed in Japan again? Seems we get singled out for being a week or two late pretty regularly.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 3 infantry

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:51 am

It's finally dragon time! Also Maggotkin book. Mine are on their way, so I might have incentive to log out of Final Fantasy XIV at some point :lol:

Hopefully that means we're all caught up and we'll be back on the same release calendar as everyone else. Not that you ever need minis *urgently* but I find not knowing when something will hit Japan causes excessive refreshing of the Ring Tail new release page.

Return to “Warhammer Fantasy - ウォーハンマー”