Age of Sigmar 3.0 questions

For the discussion of anything related to Warhammer Fantasy/Age of Sigmar
Balloonacorn
Veteran

Age of Sigmar 3.0 questions

Post by Balloonacorn » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:46 am

If I ally in a character who has the ability to summon its faction's troops. Can it use its abilities as normal?

For example if I ally the Gaunt Summoner, who can bring in Daemons, are there any restrictions?

Are there any limits or restrictions to summoning in troops other than the points and 1/4 rule, I.E can I take just characters or just troops?

Are there any special rules for summoning in Path To Glory? (sorry, I order ed the book finally but I need to build things now)

Does summoning cost points in Path to Glory?
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: Age of Sigmar 3.0 questions

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:32 pm

OK basically I can't find any restrictions at all for any of this stuff you're asking.

- You can include Allies on your Order of Battle, as long as they're valid allies of the faction you picked for your Path to Glory force.

- The Gaunt Summoner has the summon ability on their warscroll so I can't see any reason why they couldn't just use that as written. I assume though that most faction level summoning rules are restricted for use by that faction and allying in units doesn't give you access to them (eg it looks like only Slaanesh armies can use Feast of Depravities)

- I don't see any equivalent of 40k's reserve points in either Path to Glory or the General's Handbook

- There's a sidebar in the Path to Glory rules that explicitly says summoned units are not drawn from your roster and are not added to it

- I don't see any restrictions on what you can summon (other than in the abilities themselves which do seem quite specific), or any indication that they count for the various limits when mustering your army

Basically it seems like summoning is much better integrated in AOS and doesn't need wacky extra balance patches like reserve points. So I'd assume they just work as they're written, and are fairly priced into the points costs for the units in question (or army level summoning is balanced against what other armies can do).

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Re: Age of Sigmar 3.0 questions

Post by Balloonacorn » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:16 pm

Thanks Jye!
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

Return to “Warhammer Fantasy - ウォーハンマー”