Ash's armies 2009-2012

Put your hobby and modelling logs in here.
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Ash's armies 2009-2012

Post by Primarch » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:44 pm

Admiral-Badruck wrote:Yo Dave you have a finished Nurgle are,y do you not.
Is an army ever 'really' finished?
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:25 pm

In my case it is. I usually build for 2000 to 3000 points for an army of any kind.
Sure I know what you mean you can go on adding units forever if you wanted to but that's my idea of purgatory.
I've got my Black Powder, 40k, Flames, fantasy battle armies and blood bowl finished to a standard that looks and feels done so that's a positive for me hobby wise.
The gaming side may or may not happen. At least 40k and BP will get aired at some stage next year.
Coming away from wargaming and moving more to rpg I feel good about wrapping 4 armies up this year.
Pike and Shotte will be the only other army I paint on mass and I'm even half tempted to push that back to the year after next so I can read up on it and take my time all the more.
I'm thinking train set as well, although it might be a little early for such fanaticism.
Still it's all good as they say. :)
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:25 am

So I was explaining to a couple of you by PM about my ill health this year and I've come to some good vibes finally regarding the hobby.
If anything this hiatus has made me realise how important hobby stuff can be in terms of kicking back and relaxing. We need these hobbies to keep us well and sane especially in a foreign country and with a difficult language barrier. We need to spend time to sit back, smell the flowers and appreciate what this group and community has acheived in the last several years or more. Big shout out and thank you to Prim for creating and maintaining the forums. Without his commitment and dedication none of the events would happen lets be honest. Also thank you to everyone on here who has spurred me on in troubled times of stress and given sound advice when I most needed it. Rob, Mus, MiJ, Job, Kojibear, Prim, Lovejoy, Moyashimaru the list goes on actually. We would be here all day.
So just a few interesting things to paint before the year is out which I hope to show you on this blog thread before 2012 comes to a close. Historical and Lotr.

Picked up a wonderful model rail magazine this week just out of interest and the scenery the Japanese hobbyists had created were amazing in their attention to detail. This reminded me why I loved model soldiers. The zen of painting them and getting the scenery and back story all set aorund them.
I'll be back in 2013 with a new positive outlook for the hobby and our gaming group in this corner of the world. Only positive energy here in.
Thanks for everyone asking if I was OK. I've felt rather cut off as I'm sure many hard working fathers and teachers in a foreign land do from time to time.

All the best and Merry Christmas dudes,

Ash.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Tenorikuma
Champion

Post by Tenorikuma » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:54 am

Glad to hear you're feeling better. I agree on the train magazine thing — some of those guys do terrific scenery and modelling work, and there's a lot that crosses over into miniature wargaming. Here's a Japanese guy whose site I found thanks to a magazine — his dioramas are phenomenal: http://ezu.yh-aa.com/index.html

Return to “Hobby Logs”