Auran 81st

Put your hobby and modelling logs in here.
Konrad
Wargod

Re: Auran 81st

Post by Konrad » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:01 am

Most impressive. I like how every character has a proxy in place. But that is a little low using the little kid-sidekicks as Ratlings. Your opponent can't shoot them without looking like a horrible bully! :D
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Dekana
Veteran

Post by Dekana » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:35 am

jus wrote:Omg they are so much cooler than my cadians!

If you are interested i have an airbrush if you're interested
Yeah, but I really like the armor the cadians wear! At first, I was thinking of just slapping female heads on cadian models, but in the end I went with the obviously-female Raging Heroes models.

I am sort of interested in the airbrush, but I just don't have the right setup to use it. No ventilation in my place, no room to set it up, etc. But I really appreciate the offer!
Konrad wrote:Most impressive. I like how every character has a proxy in place. But that is a little low using the little kid-sidekicks as Ratlings. Your opponent can't shoot them without looking like a horrible bully! :D
I'm not above using child soldiers. :twisted: And I'd be rather happy if my opponent wants to waste one of their unit's shooting on a 50 point unit of 5 snipers in cover with stealth.

To be honest, the ratlings are the only Raging Heroes models that I feel uneasy using. I'd rather they didn't look quite so cutesy so that I could say with a straight face they're adult ratlings and not children. But I think they still work with the proper background. Such as:

Aura is an agri-world where ratlings traditionally go into animal husbandry. When the regiment was raised, many ratlings took their most trusted pet along for companionship / emergency rations. - Explaining the dogs and pigs on the models.
You can't spell slaughter without laughter.

Dekana
Veteran

Post by Dekana » Sun May 20, 2018 6:11 pm

I stripped my tanks and re-did them, hopefully to a higher standard this time around, and finished work on my artillery pieces.

Leman Russes
The regiment can field 4 battle tanks: Headhunter, Woodpecker, Ain't Miss Behaven, and Cruel Mistress.
Everything that can be magnetized is, except for Cruel Mistress's sponsons, which are glued on. I would like to change that some day, but I'd have to take the entire tank apart so I could glue the magnets inside. It's not really worth the hassle (yet).
I haven't painted the other turret weapon options yet, and a lot of the hull / sponson weapons are still using the old blue paint scheme. They don't look too bad, so it's not a priority, but I'll want to redo them as well.

Basilisks
M.G. and The Big O comprise the Auran's "light" artillery battery.
I think my gun crews could do with a little training in weapon safety - especially The Big O, whose operators are storing fuel drums right next to live ordinance.
I plan on adding one or two guardswomen to the platforms of each Basilisk later.

Manticores / Deathstrikes
The Aurans can field two heavy rocket artillery pieces, Bushwhacker and Deep Impact.
Both are magnetized so they can be played as either the 4-missile Manticores or the 1-giant-missile Deathstrike (not pictured). That does mean that some seam lines are visible on the missiles, because you have to split them in half to attach to the Deathstrike missile. Oh well, I'm willing to accept that for the added versatility in gameplay.

And finally, here's the regiment on parade with a commissar leading the way. (Apparently she doesn't mind the smutty decals on the tanks.)

You can't spell slaughter without laughter.

Return to “Hobby Logs”