2016 Hobby and gaming log

Put your hobby and modelling logs in here.
kojibear
Legend

Re: 2016 Hobby and gaming log

Post by kojibear » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:47 am

Frostgrave looks interesting. I hope I can try it out at some point. I'll have to have a look at the various schools of magic on the Osprey resource page.

So many skirmish games out there! :)

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:06 pm

There's a possibility I could make that game, I'd certainly like to try. Scribbled it in the diary!
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:56 am

It would be fantastic if you Gents could make it down to Tsu, you're more than welcome. March 21st, I'll get the kettle on. Fee is 300 yen these days and Satoru has got a good group of regular gamers attending. Plenty of space. PM me if anyone needs directions or meeting at the station.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:15 pm

Kramer and the Brotherhood of Steel recruit a new scribe. Brother Treguard, skilled in deep thought and the hammer.
Nyaa
‪#‎frostgrave‬ ‪#‎skirmishminiatures‬
Artist: Spevna

I bought a box of painted minis from Spevna a few years back which have proved very useful for fantasy skirmish games and advanced heroquest. Cheers. Would like my painting to pop as much as these do some day. It's all in the borders and black lines I reckon.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:05 pm

I thought I detected the work of the spev there. A nice bunch f minis, and tailor made for Frostgrave. May they find many forbidden treasures in the frozen city* :)

*Unless batgob and his necromantic minions are looking for forbidden treasures, too, in which case may they fall down an 'orrible spikey pit of death :D
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:50 am

Brother Treguard "Challange accepted, for the brotherhood".

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:42 pm

(SPOILERS FOR MASKS)
...................................................................................................................
On this day March 29th 1925 my long suffering players finally met with the crawling chaos, Nyarlathotep himself.
After many years of leg work and investigation their hard work climaxed in madness and horror. Only one lives to tell the tale, yet barely coherent, the other is wandering the streets of ancient Cairo lost to the sands of time within Ancient Egypt.
Stuff RPG memories are made of.

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:24 am

2 games of Cthulhu in one week!
Result.
Tonight our investigators took a steamer to Shanghai from Cairo. Uncovered some black scrolls from a drunken archaeologist who they later murdered and fed to the sharks?! with the help of the ships one on board policeman. Ex Black Watch, was he a genuine policeman?
Now they have a wild panthar to deal with up on the observation deck. How did that get on board? Could it be something to do with the aloof Egyptian lady drinking gin and tonic at the bar wearing a cat tiara whilst holding forth an extensive knowledge of Egyptian history?
Find out in our future adventures of Masks of Nyarlayhotep.

Next up some sword and sorcery RPGs with tunnels and trolls or Dungeon World.

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:22 am

Greetings from England. My Dad is recovering from major brain surgery but he still managed to complete this 1000 piece puzzle. Huzzah! It took about 2 weeks. :)
Lots of rain here and a bit of a crappy Summer weather wise but I've manged to find some work and get a few hikes in. :)

Lady Butler's iconic image of the charge of the Scots and Greys 2nd Dragoons as part of the Union Brigade, at the battle of Waterloo 18th June 1815.

Wellington said at the time "Our officers of cavalry have acquired a trick of galloping at everything. They never consider the situation, never think of maneuvering before and enemy, and never keep back or provide a reserve".

Commanded by Sir William Ponsonby, the Union Brigade consisted of English (The Royals), Scottish, (Scots Greys) and the Irish (Inniskilling) regoments of heavy dragoons.

It was early afternoon on Sunday 18th June 1815 that the Union Brigade was ordered to charge from behind a ridge, in support of hard pressed British and Hanoverian troops who were under the command of Sir Thomas Picton.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:15 pm

glad to hear your dad is recovering, and also good to hear from you. Keep up the posting! (and also on facebook, which I do actually read, even if I sometimes forget to "like" stuff. Devon looks really, really nice, even in the misty rain. Will defo need to visit...)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Return to “Hobby Logs”