2016 Hobby and gaming log

Put your hobby and modelling logs in here.
ashmie
Wargod

2016 Hobby and gaming log

Post by ashmie » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:24 am

Here I will attempt to blog about this years hobby projects and games played.

Today we played Warhammer 40,000 7th edition. 3 players, alternating kill points, much fun was had. A good solid 4 hour game with 5 turns each.

Ash: Ultramarines: 4 kill points 1 objective locked: 5 victory points

MiJ: Dark Eldar: 3 kills points 2 objectives locked: 5 victory points

Egor: Eldar: 2 kill points 1 objective locked: 3 victory points

It's still a great game and I enjoyed learning the slight changes to 7th edition.

MiJ has devised an ingenious game where in a 3 player match you must alternate the kills between your two opponents in order to score the kill point. This meant we had a more balanced game and it was a lot more interesting strategically.

Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Lovejoy
Legend

Re: 2016 Hobby and gaming log

Post by Lovejoy » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:51 pm

Looks like a nice game, and great to see Egor appearing once again!
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:49 pm

Many thanks for a good day of gaming, chaps. Man of the match: Egor's Autarch, the Eldar who just didn't know when to quit :D
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:02 am

First miniature of 2016. Road Warrior from Reaper minis.

Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:17 am

me_in_japan wrote:Many thanks for a good day of gaming, chaps. Man of the match: Egor's Autarch, the Eldar who just didn't know when to quit :D
Looks like you guys had a good time! Nice to see Striking Scorpions, too. :) Thanks for the round up Ash!

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:27 am

Managed to get out the vault and meet the lads for a quick play with the dolls in Tsu today. Nice to see everyone.
Frostgrave. New skirmish miniatures game from Osprey publishing.
Great work Takahashi San for putting this all together. I really had fun.
Looking forward to next month already. Making a library is a great idea. This table will be up next month as well on March 21st if anyone wants to come and give it a go. More than welcome. We are playing campaign mode.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:47 am

Id like to second Ashmie's praise of Satoru's setup here. It's a fully painted fully textured fully terrained Frostgrave board, which plays really well. Also, his idea of using tapioca straws to punch out cobblestones in expanded foam is bloody genius. A final bit of praise is due his tokens, which cover pretty much everything. He even has a stick-on eyeball for Wizard Eye, and a skelly hand coming out of a base for Bones of the Earth*. Kudos to that man for effort and a nifty final result.

*not to mention the nuddy woman for "Beauty" which looked suitably incongruous when his bearded Illusionist wizard cast it :)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:37 pm

Glad you got a game in, seems like everyone had high hopes for Frostgrave and it doesn't disappoint. Terrific board too, complements to Satarou san, must be fun to play a session on it. The only thing I'd like to see is more snow, given the setting and all.. Maybe a few scattered snow drifts. Seems cheeky to mention that though given how nice it is!
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:23 am

Cheers boys. Satoru san has booked the next Frostgrave day for March 21st if you fancy it. I'm keen as mustard on the system. I was wondering about the snow also. He assures me its a seasonal board and the next month we will see flowers for spring. Very Japanese, I like it. He's working on a library. Considering he did all this in 24 hours I think it's pretty amazing.

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:14 am

ashmie wrote:Cheers boys. Satoru san has booked the next Frostgrave day for March 21st if you fancy it. I'm keen as mustard on the system. I was wondering about the snow also. He assures me its a seasonal board and the next month we will see flowers for spring. Very Japanese, I like it. He's working on a library. Considering he did all this in 24 hours I think it's pretty amazing.
That board looks awesome. I'll be playing my first Frostgrave game in Australia next weekend, so may try and make it to Tsu on the 21st.
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

Return to “Hobby Logs”