2016 Hobby and gaming log

Put your hobby and modelling logs in here.
ashmie
Wargod

Re: 2016 Hobby and gaming log

Post by ashmie » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:00 pm

Frostgrave. 10 cultists with paint on. Inked and drybrushed on the base coats. Unfinished.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:45 am

looks good tae me :) Just need to do summat about those bases. Fighto!
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:05 pm

Me and the Major (the guy that got me into miniature tabletop) figured we owed it to ourselves to have a full day of gaming at a relatively new store called Dice Saloon. All main games stocked as well as a painting station, coffee shop and friendly welcoming staff who leave you alone. 3 quid for the day and you can use their terrain.
We had to pinch ourselves a few times and ask if we were dreaming it all. Basically this place opened up about a year ago because of the mass exodus from GW stores from long term hobbyists.
From what I could see business was going well, card games are up, plenty of space and good music playing. I think I've found my new gaming space. Another trip in the new year hopefully.

We played a hold until relieved style mission with the British having to defend the hilltop. The Germans and the might of the Panzers won the objective just at the start of the 6th turn.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:12 pm

Frostgrave tales from the frozen city. Completed today :)
Shadows over Bogenhafen. Johannes Teugan and his sinister circle.

Borrowed a tip from Wargames illustrated on how to paint Roman spears. Wanted to give them that underground cult feel of ancient times. :)

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:45 am

Alfred!

The Batman games have been remastered on Ps4 :) Playing through the first two and pausing to read Arkham City lead in comic between them. Like a true geek.

Alfred I need a drop on the Ace Chemicals building right away. I'll wait here.
- Yes Master Wayne.
Last edited by ashmie on Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:46 am

Played Game of Thrones The Card Game 2nd edition. Really very good. Lots of intrigue and different ways to win. Ingenious mechanics. Not usually a fan of card games but enjoyed this. Have been looking into playing online.

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:54 am

Checked out Blood Bowl in store a few days back. Very flimsy box (Mines of Moria style), nice blue dice (D16), good human characters, not so keen on the orcs but most importantly a beautiful board which has two sides, one which is a green pitch and the other an Orc Rugga field. You guys have probably played it by now. Lady in the shop was too busy to serve me as stores are one staff member only now. Glad to see she was busy painting though :)
Looks good but for 65 quid I think I could get more from Guildball which has beautiful minis and great mechanics. http://store.guildball.com/getting-started/kick-off
It's a better game according to my mate who got me into Akira and Japanese popular culture Lol

:mrgreen: :geek: :mrgreen: :geek:

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:50 pm

Geeking out so you don't have to #47

The original Superman comics hold many warnings from back then to where we are now. Just read this one about The Emperor Of America from 1942. It's a warning to future America about having a demigod in power. Lois, The Daily Planet and most of America get swept along with the notion of having a great leader while Clark Kent is the only guy in town that says "Hang on a minute, this isn't good". Superman is the only one who can put a stop to the mania of course.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/106 ... cles-vol-9

Also pleased to see villain characters like The Puzzler and The Prankster who could be early versions of Joker and Riddler.

- Star Wars is out today.

Recently played the expansion for Takenoko. Takenoko Chibis. There is now a female Panda and her babies in the garden.

Also been playing a fair amount of GoT card game 2nd edition.

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:14 am

Went to see Rogue One with my Dad. We enjoyed it. Very different this year with a few nice surprises. I think you guys will like it.
Last year I missed my family when we watched Star Wars in Nagoya at the imax. That was a great night out. This year I missed you guys.
Merry Christmas everyone. ;)

Rogue One

It's been a good year for UK sight seeing and fandom:)

Bowie mural

Kings Cross

Hey dum dum give me gum gum

Takenoko Chibi's expansion

Great family game. Probably teenagers and up for difficulty rating. Good gateway game for beginners and casual gamers.

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:59 pm

Great shot kid! That was one in a million.

1/44 scale from Bandai. All clickable, no glue needed.

Merry Christmas. May the Force be with you, always. ;)

Return to “Hobby Logs”