In spirit. The 2017 hobby log (Ash)

Put your hobby and modelling logs in here.
ashmie
Wargod

Re: In spirit. The 2017 hobby log (Ash)

Post by ashmie » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:48 pm

@ MiJ Re: Suicide Squad. Not seen it yet but may give it a go. I heard Guardians of the Galaxy is very good.
I recommend the comics Gotham City Sirens and Arkham City video game tie in for good back story on Harley and Co. I've also been enjoying the Kick Ass comics and am keen to see the films.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:59 pm

I certainly enjoyed Arkham Asylum, and that's pretty much all I know of Harley (but very memorable she was in that game). Guardians 2 is good, although perhaps not as good as Guardians 1. Still, action packed, and it managed to make me crack a smile more than once. The Kick Ass films are both ace, with 1 being perhaps better than 2. Definitely worth a watch, in my opinion. Violent (and sweary) as f..... um, anything :oops:
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:53 am

Some Romans have just turned up in the post from my buddy that got me in to wargaming. It seems we may have a battle of Hail Caesar coming next month. Get the brushes out. There are 48 in the box, 1/72 scale. HAT
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:17 pm

ashmie wrote:Some Romans have just turned up in the post from my buddy that got me in to wargaming. It seems we may have a battle of Hail Caesar coming next month. Get the brushes out. There are 48 in the box, 1/72 scale. HAT
Sounds like fun!
Don't forget to post a picture or two of the game. :D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:55 am

The Long March Home
Prussian Landwehr Captain 1795

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:26 pm

The Battle for the Hills of Carthage 1/72 scale (20mm?)
Brighton Dice Saloon

Carthage was the centre or capital city of the ancient Carthaginian civilization, on the eastern side of the Lake of Tunis in what is now the Tunis Governorate in Tunisia.

The city developed from a Phoenician colony into the capital of an empire dominating the Mediterranean during the first millennium BC.[1] The apocryphal queen Dido is regarded as the founder of the city, though her historicity has been questioned. According to accounts by Timaeus of Tauromenium, she purchased from a local tribe the amount of land that could be covered by an oxhide. Cutting the skin into strips, she laid out her claim and founded an empire that would become, through the Punic Wars, the only existential threat to the Roman Empire until the coming of the Vandals several centuries later.[2]

The ancient city was destroyed by the Roman Republic in the Third Punic War in 146 BC then re-developed as Roman Carthage, which became the major city of the Roman Empire in the province of Africa. The Roman city was again occupied by the Muslim conquest of the Maghreb, in 698. The site remained uninhabited, the regional power shifting to the Medina of Tunis in the medieval period, until the early 20th century, when it began to develop into a coastal suburb of Tunis, incorporated as Carthage municipality in 1919.

6 victory points to 0. I was thrashed by Carthage. I played Gauls.

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:43 pm

Just to be annoying because you know I only post these days when I have something to show off about. :)

Chilling with one of my all time heroes. Alan Lee.
Budleigh Salterton Literary Festival. We talked about living on Exmoor and Dartmoor and his good work at making Tolkien's world come to life. Great talk and art work. Here he is signing my illustrated Lord of the Rings.
He talked us through his work from the 80s working with Brian Froud, Legend movie and of course the many years he has spent since 1992 working on Tolkien's vision of Middle Earth with the books and films.
As good as the DVD extras. Got to see lots of artwork and sketches.

All good here, hope you guys will be cooling down soon from the summer. I have some new chaos demons to paint so will share those soon.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:26 am

Ooft. Color me jealous. His art has pretty much defined how I imagine the places/characters to look in all of Tolkien's work. What daemons do you have? New or old sculpts? Pics, please!
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:10 am

@MiJ He was such a nice bloke and very relaxing to listen to. I could have jumped into one of the sketches and never come back. Think I might watch the DVD extras again.

You know how I was saying I was never buying anything from GW again. Weeelllllll :)

New Age of Sigmar minis for Slaneesh. They look like Gorgons.

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:49 am

Today's WIP

In the beginning God created beast and man so that both might live in friendship and share dominion over a world of peace. But in the fullness of time evil men betrayed God's trust and in disobedience to His holy word waged bloody wars, not only against their own kind, but against the apes, whom they reduced to slavery. Then God in his wrath sent the world a saviour, miraculously born of two apes who descended on Earth from Earth's own future and man was afraid for both parent apes possessed the power of speech"
Battle for the Planet of the Apes

Return to “Hobby Logs”