40K Marines for my son

Put your hobby and modelling logs in here.
asch
Veteran

40K Marines for my son

Post by asch » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:12 am

I am starting up Space Marines (or Adeptus Astartes, if you really like) army for my son to play with me.
And fortunately, some friendly hobbyists here kindly gave him some gifts from their archives.
So I decided to upload images of the models from our friends when I finish painting each one.

First is Terminator Squad (plastic models released in 1998) from Primarch. He gave them to my son almost painted. I just prime and paint the sergeant, add some details (like skulls on power fists), and painted bases brown.
You can see the difference of Bone White pallets. I suppose 4 squad members painted in white primer and flesh wash style, while I chose to paint from black primer with layering Averland Sunset (citadel yellow base), bone, and bone+white.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AolXX50xuMW8nXWbb4ppirDd6YEw

kojibear
Legend

Re: 40K Marines for my son

Post by kojibear » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:22 am

Nice job Asch! :) Is that the Angels of Redemption chapter?

I think I still have some Space Marine bits. I will remember to pass them to you the next time we meet up. :)

asch
Veteran

Re: 40K Marines for my son

Post by asch » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:30 am

@Kojibear
Thanks. They surely seems to be Angels of Redemption, based on the color scheme. It's Primarch's choice, or his predecessor's.
They are different on their colors with their comrades, but it won't hurt.
My son sure likes to have various colors in his army. And he seems to share my preference of multiple squads games over skirmish games.

Return to “Hobby Logs”