Filling a carry case with Space Marines

Put your hobby and modelling logs in here.

Which Space Marine chapter would you like to see on the table top?

Crimson Fists
50%
Salamanders
13%
Blood Angels
38%

Total votes: 8

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Filling a carry case with Space Marines

Post by job » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:28 pm

Apologies for putting a vote in and not chiming in with any further input.

I voted for the Crimson Fists in the initial round. Basically, I figured it would be interesting to do something different from what other players in our group play. I believe Asch and Jus have some Ultramarines. Primarch has recently posted some Black Templar and in the past I believe you’ve had a Raptors force. I’ve got some Dark Angels and I believe there may be another army or two of them amongst the Japanese players. That leaves Salamanders, Blood Angels, Crimson Fists and Imperial Fists. To be honest the former two would be cool, but have we seen a force of Dorn’s sons in a good while? (If my memory doesn’t fail me, once upon a time Primarch had a good sized force of Crimson Fists? But I haven’t seen them for some time.) So between the two, I couldn’t bear the thought of setting up another forumite up to paint tons of yellow. I mean if you really want to get into the color, the Imperial Fists look great, but I couldn’t be the person to suggest it. That left the Crimson Fists.

Anyway, you can see that my reasoning is pretty whimsical, so take it with a lot more than a pinch of salt and value it less than two cents (so like two yen I suppose- no charge, just figuratively, literally). I’m sure whatever Chapter you choose it will come out pretty darn unique, interesting and awesome. (I recall you’ve made a Tyranid army with Alien heads, Eldar riding dinosaurs, Wood Elves riding Lions, Dune themed marines and Raptors that looked all super stealthy.) You really don’t need my two-bit advice.

Looking forward the final product, though!
Last edited by job on Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:23 am

job wrote:If my memory doesn’t fail me, once upon a time Primarch had a good sized force of Crimson Fists? But I haven’t seen them for sometime.
My Crimson Fists have been sat on my shelf since late 6th edition. :D

I will say that Koji's plan to build an army around the transfers on the standard sheet is good, with the exception that those transfers don't really fit on the shoulder pads very well. :? Koji will need a cunning plan and some crafty techniques to get them to sit flat on the curved surface of the standard marine shoulders.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:04 am

Primarch wrote:I will say that Koji's plan to build an army around the transfers on the standard sheet is good, with the exception that those transfers don't really fit on the shoulder pads very well. :? Koji will need a cunning plan and some crafty techniques to get them to sit flat on the curved surface of the standard marine shoulders.
MicroSol and MicroSet / Vallejo Decal Medium are your friends! Friends that still require a good deal of fiddling and cursing, to be sure, but with a bit of care and practice they do make transfers easier and better-looking than freehanding, even on marine shoulder pads.

I should say, the Blood Angels vote was mine, because Bangles are cool (and will look very good painted up to kojibear's usual standards), they have very straightforward synergies with bigmarines, I haven't seen anyone locally attack them with the Primaris angle yet, and my gut tells me that, Calgar having gone through with it, we can expect some of their characters to get embiggened sooner rather than later.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:11 pm

Thanks for the input ToD!

Let’s see how the week progresses and we may get more votes, and a final decision of the chapter to bolster its ranks. :)

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:54 pm

+1 for Astral Hammers!
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:56 am

YellowStreak wrote:+1 for Astral Hammers!
I thought you might say that lol :D

Well, guys it looks like the Crimson Fists are leading in the poll! Will they come out as the Robute...err I mean the Emperor's favorites and receive reinforcements?

jus

Post by jus » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:00 pm

What about...white scars? They're way cool! And Asian. I might be a bit biased about that last bit. I've a mind to covert some up myself actually.

Hmm I would say go with the chapter you like the lore of best. If it's not just one or two minis just for display or role play but rather a whole army then you have to be feeling it. If crimson fists is a good fit for you then go for it. I also voted for blood angels.

Contrary to popular belief I don't exactly have blood angels anymore. There were stripped and used to make ultramarines. All that's left of them is alot of marine bits and a not very impressive Mephiston conversion.

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:52 pm

Well my fellow Nagoyahammerers, barring any last minute voting, it looks like the Crimson Fists shall be awaiting reinforcements to liberate the citizens of the Imperium from the heretic and the xenos.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:23 pm

Eggcelent! I'm looking forward to your efforts! (If you don't have it, you may want to pick up the January White Dwarf for Crimson Fists chapter tactics and such. They're good!)
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

jus

Post by jus » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:44 am

That dere dezarn is berd ess

Return to “Hobby Logs”