Filling a carry case with Space Marines

Put your hobby and modelling logs in here.

Which Space Marine chapter would you like to see on the table top?

Crimson Fists
50%
Salamanders
13%
Blood Angels
38%

Total votes: 8

kojibear
Legend

Filling a carry case with Space Marines

Post by kojibear » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:18 am

Well my fellows, I have begun assembling some of those new Primaris Marines - though I have a few scouts in the mix, too.

I am quite simply stuck on what chapter to paint them as when they are all done and primed.

The Emperor will be pleased regardless of what color adorns their ceramite, so long as the angels of death set forth to claim...I mean 'liberate' the galaxy.

However, I think giving life to a miniature should be given its due thought and respect.

I have restricted myself to the chapters that have decals on the transfer sheets that come with most boxed sets of Marines.

I am curious to know which chapter you all would like to see receive reinforcements to bolster its ranks. :?:

Feel free to - should your passions overwhelm you - support your vote with fervent appeal and persuasive reasoning. :D

[Thanks for any thoughts and comments everyone!]

Kojibear
Last edited by kojibear on Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Filling a carry case with Space Marines

Post by Primarch » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:00 am

I thought about all that beautiful white armour and almost voted White Scars, but I'm not that much of a b#@%&*d. :lol:
Salamanders would be a fine choice IMHO.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:22 am

Primarch wrote:I thought about all that beautiful white armour and almost voted White Scars, but I'm not that much of a b#@%&*d. :lol:
Salamanders would be a fine choice IMHO.
Quietly thanks you lol ;)

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:58 am

May I humbly suggest Astral Hammers? I realise there's no transfers, but it wouldn't be too tricky to whip up a sheet yourself.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:05 am

me_in_japan wrote:May I humbly suggest Astral Hammers? I realise there's no transfers, but it wouldn't be too tricky to whip up a sheet yourself.
My thanks for a well-advised recommendation. Painting a split scheme for many a miniature and making decal sheets...hmm...we shall see.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:16 am

Which chapter's tactics work best with Primaris? E.g Salamanders always used to emphasise melta and flamer weapons, which to my knowledge Primaris don't have.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:28 am

Primarch wrote:Which chapter's tactics work best with Primaris? E.g Salamanders always used to emphasise melta and flamer weapons, which to my knowledge Primaris don't have.
Just had a quick look at Google and Salamanders' chapter tactic was designed to reflect their artisanship and skill creating their weaponry, so they are allowed to make one reroll for each unit in the shooting and melee phases. I think they may have a stratagem called flame something-or-other which affects their flame weapons.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:06 pm

Primarch wrote:Which chapter's tactics work best with Primaris? E.g Salamanders always used to emphasise melta and flamer weapons, which to my knowledge Primaris don't have.
Blood angels benefit from the extra attack all primaris get, making even boring old intercessors a solid threat in combat.

Dark angels make the already very scary hellblasters even scarier, at the expense of having the largest degree of “primaris hate” as per the fluff.

Crimson fists, in the January white dwarf, make both hellblasters and bolt rifles rather more dangerous.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:35 pm

The Other Dave wrote:
Blood angels benefit from the extra attack all primaris get, making even boring old intercessors a solid threat in combat.

Dark angels make the already very scary hellblasters even scarier, at the expense of having the largest degree of “primaris hate” as per the fluff.

Crimson fists, in the January white dwarf, make both hellblasters and bolt rifles rather more dangerous.
All would make them a worthy addition to the fight to stop the xenos and the heretics. But which chapter shall receive reinforcements first?

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:59 pm

Looks like we have 3 votes for 3 different chapters - Crimson Fists, Salamanders and Blood Angels.

Shall we narrow future voters down to a choice between those 3?

Return to “Hobby Logs”