Legio XVII

Put your hobby and modelling logs in here.
Colonel Voss

Legio XVII

Post by Colonel Voss » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:55 pm

Well I've been talking about it for some time now, but I haven't been able to do much about it. Well yesterday I finally started working on my Word Bearers. Not complete but here is the beginning.

It's easy to die in the swamp. What's hard is to staying dead.
-Alten Ashley

Iron within, Iron without

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Legio XVII

Post by Primarch » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:12 pm

Chaplains everywhere eh? Good call. Thats how WB should be.
To be honest, I would probably take the time to file the Blood Angels symbols from the Lemartes(???) model. They look out of place. You might also want to use a little more drybrush of light grey on the edges of the chaplain's armour, as it isnt showing up on your photos. (But then photos never look as nice as the real thing).
I do like that 'crozius.' :D It should smite something with extreme predjudice.

And is that the worlds smallest rhino standing behind them or a Goliath demolition vehicle?
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Colonel Voss

Post by Colonel Voss » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:22 pm

I'm still looking at how I am going to modify the symbols, either remove completely or try something else WBish. Erubius is suppose to be heavily symbolized as well. For colors, I haven't begun the highlighting or washing, but I won't be using grey but graveyard earth. Also, the priests are just in WB colors. Given how all of them see themselves as deliverers of the message, I didn't think there would be such a difference between the priest and the regular member of the legion.

As for the tank, well it is actually a STuG G :mrgreen:
-Alten Ashley

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:30 pm

Colonel Voss wrote:I'm still looking at how I am going to modify the symbols, either remove completely or try something else WBish. Erubius is suppose to be heavily symbolized as well. For colors, I haven't begun the highlighting or washing, but I won't be using grey but graveyard earth. Also, the priests are just in WB colors. Given how all of them see themselves as deliverers of the message, I didn't think there would be such a difference between the priest and the regular member of the legion.

As for the tank, well it is actually a STuG G :mrgreen:
Brown eh? That will make for a nice, warm tone to the model. I'd like to see how they look in person sometime. To be honest, you can probably just file down the symbols and then use some scrolls, cloths and seals to cover it up.
If you do the seals in a light colour, you can use a fine marker pen to draw little squiggly lines on them that look like writing. I think that would be appropriate for WBs.
Have you considered using and Dark Angels parts? They have lots of censors and some of the robed bodies dont have any symbols or can be easily cleaned up. They might make for good squad sergeants or veterans?

Are you building them for Codex Space Marines or something else?
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:49 pm

I guess they will be BloodBaerers I think think Prime has a point cutting of the old Blood Angel marks is a must...if you look at my World Eaters there are no marks of Khorne it took some time but in the end it was worth it... shaving the Chaos symbols off my new FW Dreads was scary but it was necessary.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Colonel Voss

Post by Colonel Voss » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:53 pm

Dark Angels is on my to get list here soon enough. I'm trying to get a darker feel for them. Sort of opposite of the bright crimson red and silver that they become.

This is based on the space marine codex and using the Horus Heresy stuff that we've talked about for the campaign idea. As always I'm being cross compatible.
-Alten Ashley

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:56 pm

well that settles the rules.. for them. seems like you will be having a lot of fun with them i guess I can give you a game with My Orks...
MIJ
MIJ

Colonel Voss

Post by Colonel Voss » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:01 am

Getting ahead a bit there. I just got started on them yesterday. What you see is what is painted, and the glued together is not much larger. :lol:
-Alten Ashley

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:20 am

we do not have to play more than a few hundred points to have fun man...
MIJ
MIJ

Colonel Voss

Post by Colonel Voss » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:26 am

Of course, as arch heretics, we need demons. So here are my first set.

The goal is for apoc games to use both the deamon and WB lists in conjunction. I'm painting the demons in brighter colors to stand in contrast to the darker WBs.
-Alten Ashley

Return to “Hobby Logs”