The Astral Hammers - NH's custom chapter.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: The Astral Hammers - NH's custom chapter.

Post by Jye Nicolson » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:58 am

Primarch wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:53 am
That's assuming of course that no-one else wants to paint up some of this glorious chapter's renowned warriors.
Halved paint scheme with bone as one of the colours 😰

I'm not quite mad enough to start a third Marine army, especially one I couldn't actually paint, but it's worth noting this would be a significantly more viable army to play now than at its inception. While the Hammers missed the absolute peak of the Iron Hands' meta-warping power, and certain Firstborn marines remain best-in-slot, you can put together a very decent all Primaris army thanks to all those releases over the last couple of years.

Something like a mix of Plasma Inceptors, Plasma Redemptor Dreads and Intercessors (Dark Angels Combat Patrol Box) with Bladeguard and Eradicators (ideally from an Indomitus half), and some subset of Primaris Apothecary, Techmarine, Chaplain, Lieutenant and Captain would be an incredibly solid all around force.

Edit: depressingly few hammers in such a setup though, unless you load up the Intercessor sarges.

kojibear
Legend

Re: The Astral Hammers - NH's custom chapter.

Post by kojibear » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:05 pm

[/quote]That's assuming of course that no-one else wants to paint up some of this glorious chapter's renowned warriors.

Anyone wanting to add anything to the legends of the mighty Astral Hammers would be well served to read through this thread from it's inception, or at least look over the first post for the details.
[/quote]

Hmm...I was thinking of giving the half colour scheme a try. I’ve got a few marines to test the skills on. I mean I’ll need a break from snake painting at some point lol.

It’s certainly cool to have our own local chapter. Bring on the fluff you lot.

I’ve introduced Chapter Master Eli Garak and Brother Chaplain Damar. What other heroes will this chapter

Return to “Fiction”