New Blog & Stories on my Armies' Fluff

dnanoodle
Rookie

New Blog & Stories on my Armies' Fluff

Post by dnanoodle » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:04 pm

Heya guys. I promised Badruck a story about my Eldar for the Ogaki event he ran last year. Well, months and months later I have a story that is almost entirely different from what I promised, but it's a start on getting there.

Heretics Divided is the first chapter in a longer work that will tie together the fluff and characters from each of my armies. It follows the stories of a Grandmaster, an Inquisitor and a Farseer whose fates collide to determine the survival of billions, both eldar and human. I put up a blog to post it and the chapters that come later so I don't have to format it individually for each forum I use.

Let me know what you think!

Rollin' 2d6 Deep

Konrad
Wargod

Re: New Blog & Stories on my Armies' Fluff

Post by Konrad » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:46 am

dnanoodle wrote:Heya guys. I promised Badruck a story about my Eldar for the Ogaki event he ran last year. Well, months and months later I have a story that is almost entirely different from what I promised, but it's a start on getting there.

Heretics Divided is the first chapter in a longer work that will tie together the fluff and characters from each of my armies. It follows the stories of a Grandmaster, an Inquisitor and a Farseer whose fates collide to determine the survival of billions, both eldar and human. I put up a blog to post it and the chapters that come later so I don't have to format it individually for each forum I use.

Let me know what you think!

Rollin' 2d6 Deep
A Grandmaster, an Inquisitor and a Farseer walk into a bar. The bartender says.......
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

dnanoodle
Rookie

Post by dnanoodle » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:28 am

The bartender asks "What'll it be?"
The Grandmaster says "It will be the Emperor's justice."
The Inquisitor says "It will be the collapse of the Imperium, rotted from the inside out by heresy."
The Farseer says "It will be what it already is and has always been."
The bartender says "Drinks, damnit! That means I'm asking about drinks! You guys come in here every week! You gotta learn to let up if you wanna drink in my bar!"

Or something? Lol I knew I was walking right into that when I posted this.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:07 am

Bravo, sir! A fine response if ever there was one :)

I haven't had time to read the blog fully, yet, but the first couple of paragraphs seem good. Terse, but good :D
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

dnanoodle
Rookie

Post by dnanoodle » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:32 am

Thanks MiJ :D Yeah my Inquisitor is a terse guy, among other things :mrgreen:

Chapters that focus on other characters will read differently, but I haven't written anything but notes and a bit of short dialogue for Ithacus. I still need to find a voice for him. I could get to that if I didn't have to paint up an army for Nagoyahammer :shock: hehe

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:59 am

dnanoodle wrote:The bartender asks "What'll it be?"
The Grandmaster says "It will be the Emperor's justice."
The Inquisitor says "It will be the collapse of the Imperium, rotted from the inside out by heresy."
The Farseer says "It will be what it already is and has always been."
The bartender says "Drinks, damnit! That means I'm asking about drinks! You guys come in here every week! You gotta learn to let up if you wanna drink in my bar!"

Or something? Lol I knew I was walking right into that when I posted this.
And he meets the challenge in fine form
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

dnanoodle
Rookie

Post by dnanoodle » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:49 am

Lol thanks man.

Hey you guys don't know if there is a way to upload a pdf to blogspot do you? I was looking around in the options and didn't see anything.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:54 am

dnanoodle wrote:Lol thanks man.

Hey you guys don't know if there is a way to upload a pdf to blogspot do you? I was looking around in the options and didn't see anything.
No idea, but you can upload one here if you want. (Just keep it small as we don't have a lot of bandwidth :D)
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

dnanoodle
Rookie

Post by dnanoodle » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:31 am

Sure I could upload one here if anyone would prefer a pdf to read (I know I do most of my net reading on my phone, so pdfs are good for me). How would I go about that? I don't see any tools for it in the post options.

Oh and I drew some cover art for Heretics Divided last night and just posted it up. You can find it here.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:04 am

When you make a post, just under the 'Save/Preview/Submit" buttons should be a section saying "Options" and "Upload Attachment." Click the Upload one and you should be able to post your PDF here.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “Fiction”