The Astral Hammers - NH's custom chapter.

kojibear
Legend

Re: The Astral Hammers - NH's custom chapter.

Post by kojibear » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:22 pm

You beat us to it YellowStreak! :D I, too, am looking forward to see the first brother Astral Hammer in all his glory!

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:08 pm

kojibear wrote:You beat us to it YellowStreak! :D
Who beat whom to what now?

Introducing Captain Tenabran of the Astral Hammers Chapter, 3rd Company.

(Better pics when I get my camera out and resize things properly).
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:13 pm

Nice work Prim! Look at you, off painting 40K! :lol:
Very nice work on the chapter logo btw. Hand drawn?
I'll have to try and get my guy finished up this weekend, then his mates from the easy build kit.
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:35 am

YellowStreak wrote:Nice work Prim! Look at you, off painting 40K! :lol:
Very nice work on the chapter logo btw. Hand drawn?
Yep, black marker with white paint to clean up all the errors. :lol:
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:55 am

Here we go.

Custom wrist mounted bolter, MK III Helmet and a Thunder Hammer. :D

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:19 am

Primarch wrote:
kojibear wrote:You beat us to it YellowStreak! :D
Who beat whom to what now?
I stand corrected :D Awesome mate. I love MK III helmet. It suits the chapter's 'iron' side well! :)

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:04 am

kojibear wrote::D Awesome mate. I love MK III helmet. It suits the chapter's 'iron' side well! :)
Thanks! I wanted to include something to indicate his 'vintage'.

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:35 pm

Great job Prim! Com on the rest of you, show us your Hammers!
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:28 am

Kind of sad that this thread is gathering dust. Thought I would add a little more color to our brotherhood of Astral Hammers.

I guess what I am offering fits within the Chapter's personality section?

"They are not my hands. This fact is forgotten by my brothers -- inexplicably, it has always seemed to me. The hands are strong, to be sure, and have created great things for us all, but they are not mine. And that counts for something. They forget that the silver on my arms comes from a beast that I vanquished. It is the mark of a great evil that I ended, and yet it persists within me...I would struggle to remove it now...I will not remove the silver from my flesh because I have learned to depend on it. The fault is with my mind. I rely on the augmentation given to me by my metal gauntlets, so much so that the flesh beneath them is now little more than a distant memory...A day will come when I will strip it from me, lest I lose the power to master myself forever. Already my Legion's warriors replace their shield hands with metal in my honour, and so they too are learning to doubt the natural strength of their bodies. They must be weaned off this practice before it becomes a mania for them. Hatred of what is natural, of what is human, is the first and greatest of the corruptions. So I record it here: when the time comes, I will strip my hands of their unnatural silver. I will instruct my Legion to recant their distrust of the flesh. I will turn them away from the gifts of the machine and bid them relearn the mysteries of flesh, bone and blood. When my father's Crusade is over, this shall be my sacred task. When the fighting is done, I shall cure my Legion and myself. For if fighting is all there is, if we may never pause to reflect on what such devotion to strength is doing to us, then our compulsion will only grow."

—The Neimerel Scrolls attributed to the Primarch Ferrus Manus

“Blood, Bone and Iron – Our Oaths, Our Strength and Our Will. Our blood and bones bind us to our charges, and our iron will is the shield that protects them. Iron is malleable and can be tempered, shaped and hardened into a formidable force. Yet inflexibility is a weakness that our enemies could exploit. Our Father knew this and HE knows this, so we do not let logic harden our hearts lest they become brittle and shatter, and all that we hold dear, duty, honor, and valor, breaks with them.
So quench your rage and hate with cool reason and let it harden your resolve and perfect your mastery of war. But keep warm your hearts brothers; let them burn with the flame of righteous duty to protect those we cherish. Unite and defend what is natural and what is human. This is our sacred task. We are HIS hammers, and war is our forge. We shall crush the enemies of mankind in HIS name!”

Brother Chaplain Damar

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:53 am

Hmm, threadomancy, I guess I'll allow it. :D

I honestly hadn't planned to add any more Astral Hammers to my collection, but if anyone has some Primaris they are willing to part with cheaply, I guess I could paint up a few more. That's assuming of course that no-one else wants to paint up some of this glorious chapter's renowned warriors.

Anyone wanting to add anything to the legends of the mighty Astral Hammers would be well served to read through this thread from it's inception, or at least look over the first post for the details.

Return to “Fiction”