Warhammer 40,000 - Origin of The Grim Wolves

Seb
Champion

Warhammer 40,000 - Origin of The Grim Wolves

Post by Seb » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:53 pm

The Chapter Master of th.....................

Deleted from Imperial records by someone, or something..... 8-)
Last edited by Seb on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:33 pm, edited 18 times in total.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Warhammer 40,000 - Origins of The Grim Wolves

Post by Primarch » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:46 pm

Cool,
I am glad someone is making use of the new section of the site.
Keep up the good work.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:44 am

very good!

Although I'm not really keen to write fluff about my own army (to that level of detail), I very much enjoyed reading that story :)

tbh, before I read your story I was a little doubtful that there could be a good reason for a Mortifactors/Space Wolves crossover, as both chapters are pretty self-centered, but your story does a very good job of explaining the situation, and I really cant find much wrong with it. (and I can be a right fussy bugger sometimes, as this will demonstrate...)

As for putting yourself in as Chapter Master - go for it :) If your name was Neville or Geoffrey (or David (my name), for that matter) or something equally middle-England Id maybe advise against it, but Sebastian is fine. I can imagine a Sebastian in the 41st millenium, no problem.

Oh, and as for the quality of your English? Seriously, don't worry. Nobody here is Shakespeare, and the fact that it isnt even your native language makes your writing astounding. I am in no way good at languages, and I have discovered this is in a very real and personal way since I came to Japan. My Japanese sucks, and although I dont study much, I have studied enough to understand how much effort and time you must have put in to achieve the level of English that you have. So yeah, don't worry on account of your English. The day we can criticize it in Swedish is the day we can criticize it at all.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Seb
Champion

Post by Seb » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:36 am

Glad that you liked it. :)
I will probably continually update it as I think of more.

I don't really have a problem with any names in the 41st millenium, since the imperial citizens are all descended from humans I think I can picture most names in most situations. I guess it also depends on what the race/type of army we are talking about, as for an imperial guard army I see no problem with english names, or if you are playing a space marine chapter with some English culture related theme to it. Maybe a little bit harder with xenos.. It is hard to picture an Ork Warboss named any human name, I guess you need to change it slightly.

jus

Re: Warhammer 40,000 - Origin of The Grim Wolves

Post by jus » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:57 am

oh chapter fluff, good on you!

Hey guess what? I'm going to start a grim wolves army with the marines dex. :lol: (kidding)

I think making your own chapter is great, since you get so much creative freedom (within reason) to create your own slice of the 40k universe. While I'd like to write some fluff up for blood angels, I'm a bit restricted in the origins department, since most of that stuff is canon and set in stone, so its down to heroic veteran brother sergeant Neville who fought in such a such a place. Do you have plans to flesh out your chapter a bit more? You can name your 10 captains, chaplains, librarians e.t.c and give them all stories too :lol: . hmm since you've got a theme going with you as chapter master, why not give them all else swedish names? just a thought.

Seb
Champion

Re: Warhammer 40,000 - Origin of The Grim Wolves

Post by Seb » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:59 pm

jus wrote:oh chapter fluff, good on you!

Hey guess what? I'm going to start a grim wolves army with the marines dex. :lol: (kidding)
Haha, yeah :D

But you are right, I love the freedom i get to create everything i wish about my chapter.

I am going to flesh out my chapter and more fluff is coming in the undecided future.
Since the Space Wolves all have Scandinavian names, many Swedish names in there, and my chapter being a hybrid of the space wolves they will have many Swedish names like Björn, Tor, Ulf, Jörgen etc.

Return to “Fiction”