the end times...are depressing.

jus

Re: the end times...are depressing.

Post by jus » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:14 am

hmmm very poignant arguments, one and all. The far future doesn't seem so grim now, maybe except for the poor eldar. All hail the star child.
If there is something I wished that humans eldar and other races that seem reasonable to deal with would be a littl bit more friendly towards each other.
haha, peacehammer 40k.
Incidentally I used to love fantasy battle models more than 40k but these days I think it's the opposite. The new fantasy stuff looks like factory mistakes from stop start animation projects whereas the 40k stuff is sleak and fresh.
Have you seen the high elf core units? factory rejects indeed. :lol: yes some are terrible and but others are quite pretty cool

I would have been in agreement for the most part , until Island of blood and the slew of razzle dazzle new re-sculpts done in plastic were released just around last year. if you haven't seen them, please check them out. High elf special units in particular are eye openers. Then there's the new skaven, and then orcs and goblins to come.

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:15 pm

me_in_japan wrote:
one of the authors for the original 40k background in Rogue Trader 1st edition rules was a bit of a madmen. His ideal community was a fortified town on an island with all minorities and riff raff kept out by mounted gun turrets on the walls and towers.
so far as im aware, the only chap who wrote Rogue Trader (well, the only chap with his name on the cover) was Rick Priestley.

Priestley wrote the rules but there were other guys involved in the fluff and background. And even then, the rules and background were inspired/borrowed from Brian Ansell's Laser Burn.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Post by AndrewGPaul » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:33 pm

jus wrote:Have you seen the high elf core units? factory rejects indeed. :lol: yes some are terrible and but others are quite pretty cool
I'm still using the old 4th edition plastic High Elves, alongside the ones from Island of Blood. The Spearmen and Archers models are 'orrible. Io nly own the archers because I needed some that weren't in armour.

jus

Post by jus » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:34 am

The Spearmen and Archers models are 'orrible
Yeah, I wish they had re-scuplted the old core. They are the reason I only field lothern seaguard as my core. I think they needed improvements more than the special units. Nevertheless, we must count our blessings, the speacial sculpts are ace on a flagpole. Its usually the 2000 point limit that restricts me from fielding all the new sculpts. But we are going off the topic of depressing end times, or lack there of.

Return to “Fiction”