Prim and the Ruckster Discuss Vindicators

This forum is for the mods to drop any off topic arguments that people (especially Primarch and Badruck) get into. Seperate the posts and dump them here.
Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Prim and the Ruckster Discuss Vindicators

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:02 am

I am going to say it ... what unit can you take 4 of... surely you do not mean a troop choice in a theme army... if you do well then you have got me on that one..
if you were you said one should not mix unit from other codex you had a read Vidy a black vidy a blue vindy... unless that is a new paint theme for your army it looks like you gabbed one for each chapter.. :? for a win at all cost army I have never used a Red Scorpions stuff for World eater stuff or vice versa... I play the Armies I have in there theme the whole way through... if you had an Iron hands army or even an imperial fists army and wanted them to be a Siege themed army I would say good idea... should be a fun list for you..when I say I am bring fluff and then there are 3 vindicators on the ground well that gets an eye brow raised... I don't get me wrong your list was a good one but it looks like you were trying to make a point of theoryhammer with against a fluff driven list. it is like I showed up with three landraiders redeemers when I am sure I am playing agains Erics Sqats... I know he has almost nothing in the army that can deal with them... so I am golden...

The vindicator is not a bad choice it may even be one of the better choices I even use one when I run Blood Angels... it is a lot of fun... and it does draw fire and it does kill stuff... will I take 3 of them.. no and not because they are bad of good I just want a bit of variety in my list... When Tau get a few more Aliens I will add them in and take our one of the Kroot Units... until then I do not have a lot of choices when it comes to troops and Aliens...
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: The new Blood Angles 'Dex

Post by Primarch » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:07 am

Admiral-Badruck wrote:but Spam is Spam
Except when you do it eh?
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:09 am

Where is the spam?
MIJ
MIJ

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:51 am

Admiral-Badruck wrote:Where is the spam?
Admiral-Badruck wrote: you had a read Vidy a black vidy a blue vindy... unless that is a new paint theme for your army
Were your kroot all painted the same colours?

Anyway, this is lifted from the Wolf dex, page 17, top left.
Egil Iron Wolf
The armoured assaults of Egils company are famous across the Fenris system, typified by great roaming packs of transport vehicles, that cut of the prey’s escape routes whilst Egil’s heavy tanks tear bloody chunks out of the enemy army. Egil himself, an ugly and cog toothed brute made of more metal than flesh, rides at the head of each armoured assault in a personalized Land Raider.
Transports- Yes
Heavy Tanks - Yes
HQ riding in a Land Raider - Yes

Looks like fluff isn't an argument you can pull.

I ONLY used that list because you had been bad mouthing Vindicators. I haven't used it before and I wouldnt use it again (except Apoc where Vindies blow huge holes in superheavies). It wasnt intended to be WAAC, simply a "vindicators can probably win" list. And they did. Sure they didnt kill much, but then again you didnt have much to kill seeing as most of the potential targets refused to come out and play. Which, incidentally, is the point M_i_J made about them controlling your movement.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:16 pm

All good points mate...

the Kroot comment made me laugh.

Next time you want to prove a theory hammer point just tell me and I will bring a well built list that will test the true strength of list. More fulfilling for both of us.. I think I learned more in the last game than you did... and I think you would enjoy it more if you were punching holes in tanks and blasting heavy infantry of the table...
MIJ
MIJ

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:25 pm

Admiral-Badruck wrote:All good points mate...

the Kroot comment made me laugh.

Next time you want to prove a theory hammer point just tell me and I will bring a well built list that will test the true strength of list. More fulfilling for both of us.. I think I learned more in the last game than you did... and I think you would enjoy it more if you were punching holes in tanks and blasting heavy infantry of the table...
Hey, I AM a teacher. :lol:
Next time its blood angels tactical squads and death company Dante all the way. (note the BA tacs wont be painted red as I havent built any yet as I ran out of BA parts. I DO plan to build some just as soon as I get my hands on another couple of DC sets).

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:49 pm

There is a DC Dante cool I though only Tyco could be Death company... Nice
:D :D
What does Death Company Dante give us Prime Sensei?
MIJ
MIJ

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:55 pm

Admiral-Badruck wrote:There is a DC Dante cool I though only Tyco could be Death company... Nice
:D :D
What does Death Company Dante give us Prime Sensei?
D'oh! I meant Tycho.

Though I do have a Dante model.

Colonel Voss

Post by Colonel Voss » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:19 pm

Admiral-Badruck wrote:I am going to say it ... what unit can you take 4 of... surely you do not mean a troop choice in a theme army... if you do well then you have got me on that one..
Imperial Guard. 9 Leman Russes, 9 Hellhounds. 9 Valkyries :twisted:
It's easy to die in the swamp. What's hard is to staying dead.
-Alten Ashley

Iron within, Iron without

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:09 pm

exactly Guard can take how many troop units... the day I can take 4 Kroot units in one Force Troop slot is the day people can say some thing about them. being spam...
MIJ
MIJ

Return to “The Prim/Ruckster Rant Depository”