Prim and the Ruckster Discuss Vindicators

This forum is for the mods to drop any off topic arguments that people (especially Primarch and Badruck) get into. Seperate the posts and dump them here.
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: The new Blood Angles 'Dex

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:23 am

the hammer head just has to be 25 inches away at the end of the Vindys movement phase... to be safe... the same is not true of the vindicator
now thats a big assumption right there.

Who says the vindi is shooting the hammerhead? You have to have your entire army more than 25" away from the vindi to be safe. Do you really want to be doing that? Cos if you do, then the man with the vindi is controlling where your army is. The man with 3 vindis...?
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:47 pm

me_in_japan wrote:Prim's right (again)- 125 pts for a tank is quite reasonable. Most eldar gunships come in at 150 or more (assuming HF, which you really should assume.)

As for Vindis specifically, again, I'm with Prim - big blast, huge strength, can shoot from cover. What's not to like? 24" range is short compared to a hammerhead, sure, but when is a hammerhead ever 60" away? When is anything ever that far away?
it is an example... and the man with three vindicators is spamming his HS units that seems like a very cheesy thing to do... Blood Angels have a total of 9 Vindicators in the whole chapter and your are telling me your going to bring 3 of them in a 1000 point game sure seem like anti fluffy fun gaming to me... the Day I take max of any one unit you can call me on it but really seems like a beardy way to play..
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Colonel Voss

Post by Colonel Voss » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:50 pm

Now what was that game which had so many killer kans and mini kans and bikes.............hmmmmm.....
It's easy to die in the swamp. What's hard is to staying dead.
-Alten Ashley

Iron within, Iron without

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:04 pm

I took 2 squadrons and a battle wagon for my HS not 9 killerKanz like I could have... I took 2 squadrons of buggies... and 5 deffKoptaz for fast Attakck one Squad of Lootaz, Tank buster Boyz and Nobs for Elite and like 4 units of boyz... nothing wrong with that... just looks like spam I did not say one could not take 2 of the same unit but 3 is a bit much...
MIJ
MIJ

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:25 pm

me_in_japan wrote:Who says the vindi is shooting the hammerhead? You have to have your entire army more than 25" away from the vindi to be safe. Do you really want to be doing that? Cos if you do, then the man with the vindi is controlling where your army is. The man with 3 vindis...?
Who says the Tau player even brought a hammerhead?
Actually, I found a good use for Vindicators. If you take 3 of them it causes opposite day to happen and people who's idea of fluff is the pieces of dust that accumulate at the back of their model boxes start quoting it at you to prove why they shouldnt have lost a game.
Another use for vindicators is to get greedy players to waste all their firepower trying to kill them when they should actually be concentrating on the Land Raider full of psychopaths that is going to deposit them somewhere unpleasant.
Another use for vindicators is contesting table quarters allowing you to pick up 12 victory points to your opponent's 2. Great stuff.

Vindicators are pretty poor at killing kroot which are hiding in the woods though. I'll say that against them.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:12 pm

wow that was passive-aggressive never said a thing about a game that I played yesterday against 3 of them where they killed about 6 kroot and 5 fire warriors we may have lost the day but we will be back.. with stuff that will kill tanks... any time you got to war with the wrong stuff on the day you will get beat... hats off to prime for defeating a very fluffy theme army with an army made to win the mission... I would generally call that a good show, but I told him the day before that I was bringing my fluffy theme army. Because he had mentioned that he likes close game that go down to the wire... no excused on my side I could have played getter and I made a few big mistakes lessons learned. vindicators do suck and one should only shoot at them if one has no other important targets to kill... my mistake lesson learned.. it was a good game until I realized that no troops could contest objectives. Again my bad ... all and all it was a good learning experience... Space Wolves 1 Alien Themed Tau 0

To be honest I was not expecting much from my Aliens this time around... bring on the Blood Angels says I... that is what we should be talking about..
MIJ
MIJ

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Post by AndrewGPaul » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:45 pm

Admiral-Badruck wrote:
me_in_japan wrote:it is an example... and the man with three vindicators is spamming his HS units that seems like a very cheesy thing to do... Blood Angels have a total of 9 Vindicators in the whole chapter and your are telling me your going to bring 3 of them in a 1000 point game sure seem like anti fluffy fun gaming to me... the Day I take max of any one unit you can call me on it but really seems like a beardy way to play..
Vindicators can operate in three-tank squadrons, so perhaps this 1,000 point game is simply the section of the larger battlefield where the squadron happens to be. A game of 40K is a single Firefight/Close Assault in a single phase of a single turn in a game of Epic, after all.

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:04 pm

I have often used this way of thinking to justify multiple named characters on the same front... but Spam is Spam you can doit but if does seem a bit WAAC.. but that is just MHO
MIJ
MIJ

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:26 pm

On accusations of abusing the fluff.
Admiral-Badruck wrote: Blood Angels have a total of 9 Vindicators in the whole chapter and your are telling me your going to bring 3 of them in a 1000 point game
Did you notice the Wolf Guard, or the way I was holding a Space Wolf codex throughout the game? Space Wolves have no mention of having a limit on vindicators. In fact, one great company is famous for using heavy armour whenever possible. The entry for the tank in the codex says that all the Wolf Lords love vindicators.
Admiral-Badruck wrote:but Spam is Spam
On accusations of spam.
Well, you should know. Taking 4 of a unit is worse than taking 3.

On accusations of being WAAC
Unit X sucks. You took 3? Thats WAAC! Cheese! Beardy!
I wouldn't have taken 3 outside apocalypse if it hadn't been for you. My initial list was IG with sentinels and infantry. If you think a unit is so terrible, why does taking multiples of it strike you as being WAAC? Surely it should be LAAC?

I feel totally vindicated. :D
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:47 pm

Why are you guys arguing about Vindicators? They have a great big honkin' loud gun! What more could you want? Booom! I wish the boyz could still loot them! I'd take 3!!!! Waaaagh!
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Return to “The Prim/Ruckster Rant Depository”