Dreadfleet

For the discussion of anything related to Games Workshops games. e.g. Necromunda, Mordheim, Battlefleet Gothic, Blood Bowl, etc.
ashmie
Wargod

Dreadfleet

Post by ashmie » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:09 am

I bought it. It arrived yesterday. It's cool! GW all is forgiven, (well not all). White Dwarf has an excellent painting guide this month for all ships in the box and many battle reports.
It's a beautiful piece of work and the models are fantastic.
I couldn't help feel they checked this NH website and lifted Prims promotions or interests in pirates and Cutlass, modified it, added the Warhammer world and sold it back to us on a silver platter.

When I've painted it all I'll run a game. (2016). Further swashbuckling ahead.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Tenorikuma
Champion

Re: Dreadfleet

Post by Tenorikuma » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:20 am

I don't know if this is too off-topic, but I actually own Avalon Hill's classic pirate-themed war-game, Blackbeard, but I didn't bring it to Japan with me. Only managed to play a few games of it, but it was fun.

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:05 am

So, how's the process going with those ships Ash?

I reckon you are right though. I am sure GW jumped on the back of the current popularity of pirating to make a few bob. Can't blame them for it. After all they are a business.

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:38 am

Oh, slow to non existent. It probably wouldn't take long to paint them all. Maybe by the end of this month or next I'll have them done.

-edit- Thanks for the reminder. I'll be getting on with then this weekend, come along and help paint them if you like or play a game of something.

=edit= Pleased to report that two of the ships from Dreadfleet are completed after 4 hours painting on Saturday. The Bloody Reaver (Vampire) and The Heldenhammer (Empire). With this pace me and Satarou hope to have a game of this rather special board/wargame by 2013 :D
Last edited by ashmie on Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Dungeon Lord
Legend

Post by Dungeon Lord » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:54 pm

Already promised this Sunday to the missus. I will be wanting a good dose of gaming soon though.

pdfitzg
Rookie

Post by pdfitzg » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:33 pm

Bought it when it came out, looked through the models and book, but sadly have done nothing else with it. Don't think I will open the box again until I finish the gaming room, so likely a 2013 project. Models look great though, so who knows. Maybe one of these long holiday weekends I'll take a shot at it.
Paul

Armies: IG, BA, SOB

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:54 am

Bought it when it came out, looked through the models and book, but sadly have done nothing else with it. Don't think I will open the box again until I finish the gaming room, so likely a 2013 project. Models look great though, so who knows. Maybe one of these long holiday weekends I'll take a shot at it.
Same here dude. :)

Return to “Other GW Games - 他のゲームズワークショップのゲーム”