The Latest Annual Report

For the discussion of anything related to Games Workshops games. e.g. Necromunda, Mordheim, Battlefleet Gothic, Blood Bowl, etc.
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

The Latest Annual Report

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:55 am

http://investor.games-workshop.com/wp-c ... t-page.pdf

Mostly sharing because ho-lee smokes is that some unprofessional, sexist, snarky nonsense in the Chairman's Preamble.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

YellowStreak
Legend

Re: The Latest Annual Report

Post by YellowStreak » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:42 am

Some great quotes and interesting bits in there:

"Good, independent minded directors are as hens’ teeth, gold dust. We have six. Including me" - FIGJAM!

"...supporting the models for those who like to play" - surely the majority?

" we finished the year with sales of Warhammer: Age of Sigmar at a higher rate than Warhammer has enjoyed for several years" - interesting...

" we now have four new sales territory managers in Asia; in Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan and Malaysia in addition to our existing business in China. They will grow Games Workshop profitably by opening stockist accounts and our own stores."

"In my opinion the greatest risk is the same one that we repeat each year, namely, management. So long as we have the right people in the right jobs we will be fine. Problems will arise if the board allows egos and private agendas to rule. I will do my utmost to ensure that this does not happen on my watch." - this is pretty generic....every organization has this same risk, no? I would have thought that increasing competition in the market and increasing quality in the miniatures of competitors would be key risks?

Interesting though, thanks for sharing.
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

Konrad
Wargod

Re: The Latest Annual Report

Post by Konrad » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:31 pm

[quote=

"In my opinion the greatest risk is the same one that we repeat each year, namely, management. .[/quote]

To quote Walt Kelley, "We have met the enemy, and he is us."
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Return to “Other GW Games - 他のゲームズワークショップのゲーム”