Adeptus Titanicus 2018

For the discussion of anything related to Games Workshops games. e.g. Necromunda, Mordheim, Battlefleet Gothic, Blood Bowl, etc.
YellowStreak
Legend

Re: Adeptus Titanicus 2018

Post by YellowStreak » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:41 pm

Want me to keep an eye out for any discounts/sales over here?
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:26 am

It's fairly unlikely any savings would cancel out the cost of shipping between there and here, but if you happen to see a deep-discounted copy of the grand master edition, let me know. :D
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 3 infantry

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:03 am

Basically zero chance of ever using it in a game (Warlords are slow and don't turn good, not a great combination for those who want to punch stuff), but dang if the power fist doesn't look aces.

(I got the sprue mostly for plasma fun, although the variant head designs kind of make me want a second Warlord. Not that it's all that difficult to make me want more titans...)
-----

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:42 pm

Hmm, Yodobashi's putting the Grand Master Editions they still have in stock up for half price on their online store:

https://www.yodobashi.com/?word=ADEPTUS ... AND+MASTER

Even if it's not a great entry point to the game in terms of models, and even if it's only the Japanese version, 20,000 yen is a really really good deal on 2 warlords, 6 knights and a bunch of terrain. I'm really tempted TBH (it'd make a good starter for a core Traitor force), but with a kickstarter or two coming due next month my budgeting is strained. :lol:

Fake edit: Reavers too!
https://www.yodobashi.com/?word=ADEPTUS ... TTLE+TITAN
-----

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:59 am

If someone had foolishly given in to temptation here, hypothetically speaking, what further eigo materials would they need to be able to play?

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:11 am

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:59 am
If someone had foolishly given in to temptation here, hypothetically speaking, what further eigo materials would they need to be able to play?
Just the Rules Pack, if you can find it. The various campaign books have legio and formation rules, but the basic rulebook is enough to get started. There's also Japanese text on all the cards and such but that's easy to work out.

Edit: Hmm, it looks like they've phased out the rules set in favor of the new core set (it's not available in English anywhere) - which is a really good value, if you don't mind having even more titans.
-----

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:40 pm

Hmm.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/202 ... ter-titan/

Scale 12, 1000-odd points. And here I thought a psi-titan would be hard to field!

I mean, I'll get one, but it really makes me wish they'd gone for a scale 7 gap-filler, as I'd actually have been able to use that in most games. This beast is basically like the Imperator was in Space Marine, or a Lord of War in 40K apocalypse or whatever - something you bring out for big "event" games, rather than something that sees a lot of use at typical game sizes.
-----

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:48 pm

I completely agree about it being difficult to field due to its points and that a mid-sized titan would've added to the game more. I'm probably still going to buy one just to paint though...

They might as well start adding Chaos titans or Ork Gargants if they're running out of decent ideas that'll add to the game.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:12 am

Yeah, I'm definitely getting one, although whether it'll see much play is anyone's guess.

It's a safe bet the Q2 book, after the Loyalist Legions in Q1, will be Traitor Legions, and I'd be very surprised if they didn't have rules for corrupted titans. They've been future-proofing books with rules reference to them for a while now.

I doubt we'll get a second full titan model in 2021, sadly, but some corrupted armor plates or the like seem like a reasonable prediction.
-----

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:46 am

Since we're both getting one it might actually work if we both field Warmasters in addition to a regular list. It might be worth trying out sometime.

I'm not sure if I'll buy corrupted armour plates at this point since most of my titans are already built. (other than one warlord)
However loyalist/traitor specific weapons would add a lot more asymmetry to the game and also be a an easy buy for existing players.

I'm a bit peeved about the loyalist/traitor books though... If I'm not mistaken, I understood it as they're compiling all the loyalist and traitor legions from all the books they've released so far into those books? Since I've been purchasing all those books it feels like a significant part of those books, most of which I've never even used, have just been made obsolete. It's not surprising though but I think I'm going to stop buying physical GW books for now. In addition to having such a short tabletop shelf life, they also take up way too much space.

GW might as well move to a subscriber based digital platform since that's basically what their book releases are with the downside of taking up physical space and wasting paper. Too bad their attempt at it with their 40k app is such a mess while also double dipping and requiring the purchase of physical books.

Return to “Other GW Games - 他のゲームズワークショップのゲーム”