Adeptus Titanicus 2018

For the discussion of anything related to Games Workshops games. e.g. Necromunda, Mordheim, Battlefleet Gothic, Blood Bowl, etc.
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Adeptus Titanicus 2018

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:34 am

Ah, I hadn't heard that that was what the format of the book was. Hopefully they'd at the very least take the opportunity to do a balancing pass, though, since some legios are straight-up more or less powerful.

Their insistence on physical books in TYOOL 2021 is a whole can of worms. :lol:

As for games, I'd really in general be up for giving larger games a shot some time. Because I'm crazy that way I've been collecting towards being able to field everything I own legally anyway, heh.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:27 am

@Dave

Slightly off topic for this thread but I saw this interesting idea on twitter which I'd like to shamelessly steal and try out.

Playing Apocalypse using Adeptus Titanicus models.

We'd need to do some math and work out the ranges of weapons and stuff but I feel like it could be interesting. It would obviously be mainly limited to knights and titans but sort of allows us to use flyers from Aeronautica Imperialis as well. It might even work with any other epic scale models. Anyway let me know if you (or anyone else) is interested and we can give it a shot once gamedays become more viable again.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:38 am

I've seen the discussion! And I certainly have enough Epic models to go full hog, although we'd run into the issue that epic vehicles were never really in scale pretty quickly. Infantry is fine, and will still be in scale to the titans and knights in AT, but vehicles were always at least about 50% too small. But I'd certainly be up to giving it a go!
-----

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:54 am

I didn't know you owned epic models too, that would make things even more interesting. I don't think it matter too much that vehicles are 50% smaller at that scale. I guess it's time to look for some epic scale Tau models (or convince a certain someone that has tons of them for sure).

Anyway, lets work out the specifics once we realistically know when we'll be playing a game. I'll do some more research and try and figure out ranges and other necessary rule changes. If you're not familiar with the latest Apoc rules let me know and I'll fill you in.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:00 am

Karantu wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:54 am
I didn't know you owned epic models too, that would make things even more interesting.
Ehrmagerd I have so many epic models. :lol:

Forgeworld did a whole Epic Tau line, which would now be extremely hard to find and extremely expensive, but I'm sure thingiverse can set you up.
-----

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:24 am

The Other Dave wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:00 am
Karantu wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:54 am
I didn't know you owned epic models too, that would make things even more interesting.
Ehrmagerd I have so many epic models. :lol:

Forgeworld did a whole Epic Tau line, which would now be extremely hard to find and extremely expensive, but I'm sure thingiverse can set you up.
Yeah, epic scale Tau are a pain to find from what I've heard. Anwyay since my titans are obviously Imperial/Chaos titans I have decided to go for a Chaos army instead. I might have my hands on a decent chunk of a proxy epic army by them. With the titans and aircraft that I currently have I should be able to come up with a decent mixed force as well.

Converting ranges to epic is probably one of the most important factors when converting but after some quick math, it seems like just dividing ranges by 3 basically converts ranges from regular 40k to AT so we could just do that. Also for our first game it would probably be best just to ignore unnecessary complications like firing arcs and facing as per the current apoc rules. We could homebrew them in later if it turns out well. Other than that we'd be using the multi model bases instead of movement trays and stuff which is probably pretty straight forward too.
If you have any thoughts on how to handle the rules I'd be happy to incorporate them as well.

The list building rules for apoc probably aren't a huge problem either. I gave it a shot on Battlescribe and I figure I could probably field around 500 to 1000 PL easily. For reference, a Warlord, a Reaver, and two Warhounds add up to around 375 PL.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:26 am

I know literally nothing about the rules for Apocalypse, but a quick fiddle with Battlescribe suggests that 1000 power will be pretty easy for me. We'll work something out! Maybe April or May?

If you need some land raiders and rhinos, I probably have some extras kicking around.
-----

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:42 am

Sure, April or May might work out. I might take you up on some land raiders since I should have some proxy termies coming in. I'll aim for 1000 PL as well then.

There's a tutorial video on their website if you're curious about the rules. It's not too complicated but understanding the activation system is somewhat important when deciding which units to add to which detachments. Nothing too major to be worried about that we can't accommodate for on the day itself though.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:15 pm

I was thinking - in the interest of having a more-balanced game, we could even try like 500 power without titans? Depending on what you can get together, of course. (Or if that's hard, I have a big enough collection that I could bring both armies if you just want to see how the rules work. I have everything but Tau and Chaos, really. :lol:)
-----

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:46 pm

The non-titan, non-aircraft portion of my army is probably only around 250 PL so I would need to borrow some minis or add in titans or aircraft(which are Imperial and not properly chaos) to get up to 500 PL. I could also fill that gap with some knights since I have plenty of those. Anyway, I don't mind trying out multiple games to see how things work out, so depending on how much time you want to dedicate to this we could try out different sorts of lists and setups.

Return to “Other GW Games - 他のゲームズワークショップのゲーム”