Adeptus Titanicus 2018

For the discussion of anything related to Games Workshops games. e.g. Necromunda, Mordheim, Battlefleet Gothic, Blood Bowl, etc.
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Adeptus Titanicus 2018

Post by Primarch » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:33 pm

Karantu wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:07 pm
They've said that is unlikely they'll add any xeno factions since it's set during the Horus Heresy.
So was the original version of the game, and they added Orks and Eldar to that after a while.

Also, are those 'Rhinos' smaller than the 'Predators'?
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:48 pm

Primarch wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:33 pm
Karantu wrote:
They've said that is unlikely they'll add any xeno factions since it's set during the Horus Heresy.
So was the original version of the game, and they added Orks and Eldar to that after a while.
Yup! One can hope, although the official position is "it's something that would be cool but there are currently no plans for it," which suggests at least a couple years even if they do decide to go in that direction tomorrow. (That said, they're kind of running out of Imperial stuff to introduce, so...)

@Karantu, where are those models from?
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 3 infantry

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:06 pm

Primarch wrote:
Also, are those 'Rhinos' smaller than the 'Predators'?
Yeah, for some reason the 3rd party Rhinos that I bought are a bit smaller than the Predators. Its probably not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but it did throw me off too. I'm not sure if the original epic miniatures were the same but I doubt it since they are supposed to use the same chassis.

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Post by AndrewGPaul » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:13 pm

The Other Dave wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:48 pm
Primarch wrote:
Karantu wrote:
Yup! One can hope, although the official position is "it's something that would be cool but there are currently no plans for it," which suggests at least a couple years even if they do decide to go in that direction tomorrow. (That said, they're kind of running out of Imperial stuff to introduce, so...)
The suggestion from the writers was that they might introduce Orks with a War of the Beast setting, once they’re done with the Heresy-era stuff.

But running out of things to produce? There’s loads of Titan classes mentioned in the big Horus Heresy books that we’ve not seen before (things like the Eclipse, Nightgaunt, etc, retconned from being Warlord configurations in 1988). There’s the precursors to the old Slaaneshi daemon engines still to come, as well as proper Chaos Titans. Apparently the end of the Titandeath novel suggests the beginnings of the Banelord, and then they can introduce new titans for the other three powers that never saw them before. The Warmaster was inspired by an old piece of concept art for the original game, and there’s plenty more where that came from.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:06 pm

True enough! I guess my way of thinking is that if you're at the stage where you're basically designing new titans out of whole cloth (aside from Corrupted Titans, which are probably coming out this year in one form or another, and the proto-Slaanesh titans, all that stuff - and the Warbringer and Warmaster were too, when it comes to it - would be entirely new designs) you may as well make something to draw in the Xenos fans.

On the other hand, it may just be that one big plastic kit a year is doable, while they'd need, what, 3 kits for a minimal Xenos release? (Great Gargant, Slasher Gargant and Stompas, or Phantom / Warlock, Revenant, and Wraithknights if they went in the Eldar direction.) It'd definitely be a bigger release, requiring more rules support and more kits at once, than putting out a single new Imperial titan.
-----

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:47 pm

The Traitor Legios book came out today, and it's a doozy - It's actually got me thinking about finding shelf space for a second legio, since my "main" is the Very Loyalist Gryphonicus. (I'd be drawn towards a leaning-into-Nurgle Mordaxis personally - like the Death Guard, it looks like they could really get elbows-deep into a combination of debuffing enemies and making themselves annoyingly difficult to kill.)

The big draw is corrupted titans, which look pretty sick. It's a flexible system, and it seems like you can go anywhere from a little bit of corruption* to something deeply messed up and about as powerful (and expensive) as a psi-titan. As this is Heresy times, the 4 powers aren't really referred to by name, but they're also clearly made to allow you to emulate one of them, from a couple different directions each. Neat stuff!

*Although, to paraphrase Dave Barry, having "a little bit of Chaos corruption" is a bit like being "a little bit pregnant".
-----

Return to “Other GW Games - 他のゲームズワークショップのゲーム”