suggestion: RPGaming via the internet

ashmie
Wargod

Re: suggestion: RPGaming via the internet

Post by ashmie » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:21 am

Yeah sorry to get on the defense about it. I understand now. I guess I lost at dungeon lords yesterday and drank too much coffee.

We have another system running now on the Saturday in March, Shadowrun. It's sci fi. We play tested i t yesterday and Jesse is going to be the GM, it's pretty cool as your character can use cyberware and have access to the matrix. It's fun to play a sci fi that was written in the 80s as most of the technology in it is fact now instead of fiction.

Glad to hear you are going to make it.

I do have a webcam yes, and a headset and pants so never say never. Perhaps we can get a game in some time.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:00 am

ashmie wrote:It's fun to play a sci fi that was written in the 80s as most of the technology in it is fact now instead of fiction.
I'm still waiting for my Titanium Bone Lacing and Combat Spurs...... :cry:

Which version of Shadowrun are you using? I have played 3rd and 4th and I have a copy of the 4th edition rules on my shelf somewhere.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:37 am

this thread is losing its momentum... because it is going in the wrong direction... lets get back on track...

I want to get an online Game going ASAP one with Head sets and MIcrophones... Last I spoke with TOD Gamma World is a go..
Jus if you can hop in to the Gamma World game for a trail run then we can move on to other games once we know we can do an Online game...

lets do this thing
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

jus

Post by jus » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:22 am

Alright! lets get it moving. How about tonight? or tomorrow evening?

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:39 am

I will PM TOD
MIJ
MIJ

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:15 pm

Here's a good one if you can't find players or can't leave the house. Play by post and e mail rules for horror rpg,
pdf avaliable

Not requiring the usual face-to-face aspect of most traditional RPGs, the game caters for people who find it hard to maintain a regular gaming group due to time commitments, or for those who don’t have any fellow gamers in their neighbourhood.

http://www.innsmouthhouse.com/product_i ... cts_id=334

Don't forget the pants though.

We played 3rd edition Shadowrun.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

jus

Post by jus » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:19 pm

OK, so the trial run of skype video call rpging works fine. Abaddon wiped the floor with mephiston using the dice roller site. Its all looking dandy so, all we need are the players, sign on up~

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:20 pm

It was a very good match Mephiston is a lot harder than I thought if you get lucky you can take him but wow he is hard to kill..

but yes Skype RPGs work just fine...
MIJ
MIJ

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:29 pm

jus wrote: Its all looking dandy so, all we need are the players, sign on up~
Players, a DM and copies of the rulebook for all concerned surely?
Admiral-Badruck wrote:Jus if you can hop in to the Gamma World game for a trail run then we can move on to other games once we know we can do an Online game...
I cant speak for ToD, but that comment would put me off running a game. :(
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:16 pm

@ Prime.
Glad you are not the DM then :D ... I really just want to get in to a game :D I am not really to concerned how or who joins or what game system is played... Jus and I got our Gamma World Characters made thanks to Moyashimaru we are keen to play... who knows what will happen with it.

No reason to come in to our gaming group to sew weeds seeds in our rice patty :)

If TOD is not up for it I can run The Rifts RPG... I have the main book and heaps of other books.. so that should be good enough... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

@ any one interested in RPGing over Skype... we have had 2 days of dice roller and skype talk... it works great... :D :D Join us if you can. Ashmie you have got me interested in RPGs again... I will now have very little time for painting... but that is fine.. :D :D
MIJ
MIJ

Return to “RPGs and Skype”