RPG via Skype: any interest?

Moyashimaru
Warrior

RPG via Skype: any interest?

Post by Moyashimaru » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:32 pm

I'm looking for players willing to give Skype RPGing a try (voice, not text).
Sessions would be about once a week, Sunday, Monday or Thursday evening between 21:00 and 0:00.
If that sounds interesting to you, please let me know

1. When you are available
2. What games/genres you like or would like to try
3. If you'd like to GM in the future.

I'll of course GM the first adventure, unless someone is against it. Whatever it is, it will be no more than 3 or 4 sessions total.

I hope to hear from you soon,
M

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: RPG via Skype: any interest?

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:34 pm

I am defiantly interested... mostly for Death Watch or Gamma World...

I could potentially run a game of Rifts if anyone wants to..

I also told Jus I would run Death Watch if no one else is willing to...
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:21 am

Admiral-Badruck wrote:I also told Jus I would run Death Watch if no one else is willing to...
This was your response when I said I was willing to run DW.
Admiral-Badruck wrote:I am very keen to play but I just cant keep up with the writing chat... :( reading the rules would be very hard for me too....there are heaps of rules.. :o :o the game looks very cool... I guess there just will not be any death watch in my future...
As this is the third or fourth thread about running RPGs over Skype; yes there is interest, yes it is possible to do it, yes reading the rules and understanding the system can be kind of a big factor.
Thanks to Badruck's previous refusal to play the game he keeps begging to play, my only free night for gaming (Thursday) has now been filled elsewhere.
Anyway, I am creating a new sub-forum for Skype based games as this thread keeps cropping up again and again.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Moyashimaru
Warrior

Post by Moyashimaru » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:52 am

Primarch wrote:
Anyway, I am creating a new sub-forum for Skype based games as this thread keeps cropping up again and again.
True enough; a sub-forum would be a good idea, since it is always easier to start these posts from scratch then search through threads for the last Skype-related one.
As for the game, I'm looking to run OD&D or CoC to start, something not too map and mini heavy. As a player Gamma World would be fun, and I'd be willing to play 3-4 sessions of DW to see if I like it or not. Rifts/Palladium stuff never really caught my interest, but who knows?

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:50 pm

Primarch wrote:
Admiral-Badruck wrote:I also told Jus I would run Death Watch if no one else is willing to...
This was your response when I said I was willing to run DW.
Admiral-Badruck wrote:I am very keen to play but I just cant keep up with the writing chat... :( reading the rules would be very hard for me too....there are heaps of rules.. :o :o the game looks very cool... I guess there just will not be any death watch in my future...
As this is the third or fourth thread about running RPGs over Skype; yes there is interest, yes it is possible to do it, yes reading the rules and understanding the system can be kind of a big factor.
Thanks to Badruck's previous refusal to play the game he keeps begging to play, my only free night for gaming (Thursday) has now been filled elsewhere.
Because you don't want to run the game with microphones! Mate, there is no point in me doing it with just text. I have to read the rules. I do not want to be bothered reading and writing for all the communication involved . Half the fun is hearing the voices mate... I am not, nor will I ever be in to doing an RPG over text/Chat... never ever.

I am keen to run of play in one over Skype with MICROPHONES. Is that clear?..

Love you man but really... I thought it was clear from the title of the thread... No need to get all historical on me for wanting to play bad enough to read the book and learn the rules..don't quote me boy, I ain't said nothing worth quoting.
MIJ
MIJ

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:05 am

This is a very noisy thread. :D
Come on folks don't sqaubble all the time. Get it together. With all the time you spend trying to get a skype game in you could have met up for a real game by now.
Badruck San, your presence is most welcome this weekend if you can make it to the rpg festival. I'll keep a place handy for you for Saturday Dark Heresy or Sunday DandD or wfrp. If you can only join for a short while that's totally ok. See you there mate.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:46 pm

sorry I could not make it.
MIJ
MIJ

ashmie
Wargod

Post by ashmie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:52 am

This is an old thread but it seems best to post here. Had my first game of Skype with mics last Friday and it really works once you get past the tech for set up. I would recommend it to any of you who haven't got the time to get out and want to play for a couple of hours. Either I or Moyashimaru could run something OLD SKOOOOOLLLL YAH :twisted: :D :D

@MIJ, Leslie asked me to check if you are free for Skype rpg with the Mie group one Friday. How's it going with the family?
Anyone else that wants to give Skype a try for rpg is welcome too. Let me know. 2 hours a session is probably enough.
Forget about yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow because all that matters is today.

Minis painted in 2017: 13
Minis painted in 2018: 45

Return to “RPGs and Skype”