Apoc 2, Marines and Nids - Rumours

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: Apoc 2, Marines and Nids - Rumours

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:34 pm

Today I assembled that flyer that's been giving me so much gyp. Pics tomorrow once everything is dry :)
I also made a good start on building a base for it, and did a wee bit more on my exodites.

Back in the real world, I also put up a fence (atsukatta!) and went to the worlds best ramen restaurant for lunch. I then tidied up all the fence boxes, played with Sean, and went to the worlds best ramen restaurant for dinner. It's been a long time since I had ramen...
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:31 am

via both 40KRadio and 40KWarzone

UNIT CHANGES
-Chaplains are HQ , W:2, A:2 and grant Zealot.
-Master of the Forge gains It Will Not Die
-Scouts drop 2 points, can take LS Storm as a dedicated transport.
-Tacticals drop 2 points.
-Devastators drop 2 points.
-Sternguard drop 3 points.
-Vanguard drop 1 point, jumppack option drops 7 points.
-Honour guard are cheaper.
-SM Bikes drop 4 points.
-Hunter/Stalker re both armed with s:7 weapons (Stalker heavy4, Hunter heavy1). The Hunter's weapon is AP:2 Armorbane.
-Command Squads may take bikes, and a bike-equipped Commander makes a SM Biker unit troops.
-Crusader Squads may take 2 power weapons per squad. Costed and equipped as Tacticals as standard. May swap out for BP/CCW for free. Max size 10 Initiates and 10 Neophytes.
-Centurions WS4 BS4 S5 T5 W2 I4 Ld8/9 Sv2, Squad size 3-6, each costed as a Predator.

CHAPTER ABILITIES
- Raven Guard have Stealth, may use jump packs in movement AND assault phase.
- Imperial Fists reroll '1s' to hit with standard bolters (Bolter Drill). Devatators/Centurions have Tank Hunters and +1 on the building damage table.
- Salamanders reroll failed to-wounds with flame weapons, and failed armor penetration rolls versus vehicles. Characters gain a free master crafted weapon. Vulkan is the only way to grant twin-linked meltas.
- Black Templars have Chapter Tactics options instead of Vows. The Emperor's Champion is an HQ choice for them only and chooses from either (reroll failed to-hits plus rending in challenges), or (gain Adamantium Will plus Crusader). No Librarians allowed.
- Ultramarines choose from one of the following doctrines:
a) Tactical - Re-roll ones, unless they're Tactical marines and they re-roll all shooting failed to hits.
b) Assault - Re-roll charge distance, unless they're Assault squads, Bikes, Attack bikes who gain Fleet.
c) Devstator - Re-roll on snap shots and overwatch, unless they're Devastators who gain Relentless (except when disembarking).
- White Scars bike equipped Captain makes 1 bike squad troops
- Successor Chapter use the Chapter Tactics of their Founding Chapter. Many Successor Chapters are listed by name.

NEW ITEMS
6 new Chapter Relics
Grav Weapons have Concussive

CHARACTERS
-Marneus Calgar may take 3 Warlord Traits and is pricier.
-Korsarro Khan grants Scout to mounted troops and bikes. He inflicts D3 Hammer of Wrath hits.
-Kayvan Shrike may Infiltrate with Jumppack units.
-Emperor's Champion equipped with AP:2 sword, armor is 2+/4+i
-High-Marshal Helbrecht grants Hatred and Fleet to Black Templars in the Assault phase once per game.
-Lysander returns with Eternal Warrior, Units in 12" re-roll on morale and pinning test.
-Grimaldus Grants Zealot to his unit.
-Several Named Characters retain USRs that affect their entire army.

So, quite a few changes there.
For myself, I can see some significant differences. My Raven Guard have lost fleet, but gained stealth and the ability to double tap their jump packs. My Crimson Fists look to have lost stubborn but gained Bolter Drill and some tank hunting abilities, assuming they get the Imperial Fists rules being a successor chapter. If I ever get around to fleshing out my Astral Claws, the Ultramarine options look interesting (Astral Claws being a third or fourth generation Ultramarine Successor).

So I guess all I need to do now is wait for the actual book to see if any of these rumours pan out.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:42 pm

More rumours on the upcoming Nid release.
Expected November 2013

Altered FOC to help counter the lack of Allies. 3 HQ, 4 Elite, 6 Troop, 4 Fast, 4Heavy. Purchasing the 3rd HQ choice unlocks the extra Elite, Fast, and Heavy slots.

Termagants – Gain Fleet. New 10 unit box. Includes options for Spike rifles and Strangleweb. Curled tails. No rippers on sprues.

"BIG BUG" – Larger than Tervigon sized HQ unit. Oval base, hunched over, but wider. Has 18” synapse. Psyker 4. Prime version: Grants FNP and Counter Attack to Nids in 12.” Stats like Tervigon, except 2A. SitW

Two new Tyranid psychic powers lists. One list is destructive powers, one is augmentative powers.

Tervigon – Upgrade options for Termagant spawns to give them full options, but they are quite pricey.

Tyrant Guard and Hive Guard -Dual-build plastic kit. 3 models. All options for either unit.

Lictors – small point increase, gain new “Surprise!” rule (all shots against Lictors the turn after they appear are snap shots). DeathLeaper now an upgrade character.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:13 am

From BOLS:
The Shadow in the Warp is closing. New Tyranid creatures have been engineered. Here is the latest batch on the Tyranids.

This last set has been doing the rounds on Warseer and all over the place.

Army-wide notes- No FOC and ally table changes
- Devastation and Adaptation are new power tables with 3 powers each + primaris.
- Primaris for Devastation = Warp Blast, Adaptation = Onslaught (similar to battle-focus)
- All Tyranid powers can be used with either one or two charges to increase the effect.
- Ravenous Advance: Units with this rule can run & assault in the same turn.
- The Ground Trembles: All MC cause d3 Hammer of Wrath hits.
- Red Terror, Deathleaper and Old One Eye are unique upgrades to their respective broods.
- Harpy/Erinye, plastic dual kit.
- Harpy is designed to kill infantry hordes/provide support via its special vector strike.
- Vector striking it can either use Spore Mine Cyst to create blasts along the path or Sonic Screech to halve initiative and cause a pinning test.
- Erinye is an AA variant in Elite, very different front torso/head piece with gribbly tentacles.
- Increased Swoop speed and its gimmick is grappling other flyers.

Hmmm, run and assault, things are looking up for Genestealers! Now if only they reintroduce infiltrate and assault... I've heard vector strike is good but don't know the details. Also dont have any Harpies.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:56 am

Run and assault?! Run and assault!?

Bah! Who needs to run and assault [/jealous] :P

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:17 pm

me_in_japan wrote:Run and assault?! Run and assault!?

Bah! Who needs to run and assault [/jealous] :P

Well, you can't have it all Mr. Run and Shoot ;)

It's all just rumours for now I suppose, we'll see in a few months!

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:04 pm

I'm just going to leave this here.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:44 pm

Yeah, I saw those on Facebook. Are they different to the old ones?

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:35 pm

The old ones are fine cast.
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:04 pm

Yes, they are a bit different. As Badruck says, the old ones are finecast, single pose doodads. These new gribblies are plastic, multi part and with what looks like an alternate gun option. :D

Return to “Rumours”